Dan the Man (his open-y shirt-y -ness)

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
zany
Social Butterfly

Re: Dan the Man (spinoff to His Holeyness)

Post by zany »

i feel old what's a smart board?
i haven't seen the candidate.

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

Post by stuck_in_the_90s »

zany wrote:i feel old what's a smart board?
i haven't seen the candidate.
It's basically an interactive white board. You have a projector that can show what's on a computer screen or a movie(I'm really bad at describing things. sorry). There are four pens that you can use to write on the board like a white board, but if you turn it off there aren't any markings on it. You can type on it and write on it, too. My social studies teacher liked to abuse it and make little stick figures to explain his lessons on it. It was really fun.

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

I don't think that my explanation before were that good, so I found some demonstrations of using them on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... type=&aq=f
I'm now wondering if you have developed that crush on Dan yet, Zany. You said that you'd probably get a crush on him soon.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

ahhh smart board - i get it but have never seen one before. that's cool!
(and i do feel old)

ok - i have to admit that i do not have a crush yet on dan - however i have new crushes on some of his songs (gullible's travels KEEPS getting stuck in my head.. even if i don't listen to it.)
maybe a week is too soon...

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

zany wrote:ok - i have to admit that i do not have a crush yet on dan - however i have new crushes on some of his songs (gullible's travels KEEPS getting stuck in my head.. even if i don't listen to it.)
I had Cartoon going through my head the whole time I was walking to school on the first day. I have to admit it got a little bit annoying because I don't know all the words!
Oh, and don't feel old. I barely know how to use one myself. I have only ever written on one with the pens and done a powerpoint presentation on one(I don't know if you know what that is, but it's basically just a presentation using slides that you can change by pressing an arrow in the bottom corner, so it's not too hard.). I'm not very good with technology.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

yeah that is the worst when you have a song in your head but only know 10% of the words to it!!! I guess we just have to learn more of the words :)

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

stuck_in_the_90s wrote: I had Cartoon going through my head the whole time I was walking to school on the first day. I have to admit it got a little bit annoying because I don't know all the words!
Oh, and don't feel old. I barely know how to use one myself. I have only ever written on one with the pens and done a powerpoint presentation on one(I don't know if you know what that is, but it's basically just a presentation using slides that you can change by pressing an arrow in the bottom corner, so it's not too hard.). I'm not very good with technology.
Now maybe i've just grown up with technology for too long, but I would find it hard to believe people on this board wouldn't know what powerpoint is. . . Considering how many people basically make power point presentations for a living. I have a feeling in a few years half the economy will be driven by people making powerpoint presentations for the other half. I tend to dread most powerpoint presentations as people tend to read straight off them, but I know for a fact that if I have to give a presentation I'll be using powerpoint (It's just so much easier than making up regular slides). Of course, as a grad student/academic, I have a feeling I'm going to spend a big portion of my life developing presentations to try and describe my research in a way that people who only have a BS or MS in computer engineering can somewhat understand my research.

Not sure what this has to do with dan, but considering I don't have a crush on any of the band members, I think I'm safe.

Phil

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

zany wrote:ok - i have to admit that i do not have a crush yet on dan - however i have new crushes on some of his songs (gullible's travels KEEPS getting stuck in my head.. even if i don't listen to it.)
It took me 12 YEARS to notice that Dave was and is hot. :o

I did have a very narrow, specific crush on the lyrics-writing part of his brain beginning in 1995. Then last year I finally saw the videos -- and saw SA live for the first time. That did it: swooniness for then and now.
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

philipgar wrote:Now maybe i've just grown up with technology for too long, but I would find it hard to believe people on this board wouldn't know what powerpoint is. . .
I can totally relate to this since I just recently had a presentation using Powerpoint (it came of bad :cry: It's also the reason why I'm not as active in this forum these past 2 weeks - and I figure it would be worse because Finals Week is fast approaching). Anyway, I was surprised when a number in my class don't even know how to use Powerpoint! I ended up making their presentations for them :x

I'm just curious, what Powerpoint are you using? I am currently using MS 2007 - if you are using this, what do you think of it? I'm just curious because some complained that it is too complicated - which is ironic because I find it easier to use than the past versions.

I know I am digressing, but that's just because I'm avoiding a certain question ;)
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

Post by Sometime to Return »

philipgar

considering I don't have a crush on any of the band members

Phil
We don't know that. :P :P :P
“…I graduate with my PHD in 8-9 months; then I become Dr. Phil.”
A quote from our own..Phil (philipgar)
Gluek's 12/17/2010.