Dan the Man (his open-y shirt-y -ness)

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Re: Dan the Man (spinoff to His Holeyness)

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Homesick wrote:Which begs the question: Who would you rather be stranded on a desert island with?
this is Much Too Easy. ;)

Homesick wrote:Oh, man... I promised myself I wouldn't get tied up in this thread. ;)
Irresistible, isn't it? :)
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

As author of the "Dave looks like cousin It" , I have to admit it took me a bit to warm up to Dave. Never any doubt that Dan is amazing. But Dave is too! Now it is like what do you like better PB or J. Obviously with out the J the PB just sticks to the roof of your mouth! I can have PB with cracker or celery (Golden Smog or Solo) But I really like them both together.

As for Karl. REP (Remeber Eternily with Pleasure) no spell check here sorry! I hope they play Trace every time I see them for the rest of my life. It will never be the same. George really grew on me... alot! It was all starting to come together again. Tommy is obviously Tommy. I was impressed, but it takes a bit to win me over, clearly.

Michael, has won me over totally.

As to the name, I think the quote is "well I'm a guy." Sometimes I feel like I am hanging outside of Joe's Garage listening to the jammin! And that is the best!! that they are out there doing what they do ... and I just love it!!!

Just finished watching a DVD I got from Mike. Thanks it is awesome. Everyone should get a copy. Now when I need a fix I have one. Danny's jeans are holey and Dave's are not!
So many favorites I have not heard live in ages. My fav. 8 turns sideways.. yes I know that is not really the name of the song. And the made to be broken medoly... I love it when they do covers. ...

Different topice the band that opened at Lincoln Park... I really like got the CD and liked even better. Really really hope they will be back in November, or how about a two night stand at first avenue in December!?

Sorry so long, so busy can't get on regulary so when I can I want to ramble.

Where are we skiing this year?

And they have done blue suede shoes before!

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:
lune ellise wrote:I thought the "Put the Bone In" thread was the spinoff LMAO :D
:lol:

That is way naughtier that anything I've written in the "His Holeyness" thread. Way to go, lune ellise! :)
I'm so sorry if I offended anyone - I couldn't resist it! FYI: Put The Bone In is a cover of Terry Jacks' song, sang by Dan - so basically, there is a rational explanation of my, uhm, thoughts...
Homesick wrote:Which begs the question: Who would you rather be stranded on a desert island with?

Oh, man... I promised myself I wouldn't get tied up in this thread. ;)
Whoever it will be - it would NOT be Dave for reasons unclear even to myself. I think I just had that impression on him as someone who is spacey+weird=irresponsible. I would imagine that he would run around and hug the trees while I'll be the one busy gathering food... Of course, this is just an impression and in no way this is true in real life.

Plus, I think someone in the band is cuter than others, and if I were to be stranded in an island with one of the band, it would definitely be him - but I won't tell you who =P
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

GraveDancer
Runaway

Post by GraveDancer »

could be another brilliant reality show on VH1.

Stranded Band :ugeek: . Members of rock bands are left on a deserted island ala gilligan's island

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

GraveDancer wrote:could be another brilliant reality show on VH1.

Stranded Band :ugeek: . Members of rock bands are left on a deserted island ala gilligan's island
If it was Soul Asylum I would totally watch it!
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

hmm since dan does sing that maybe we should rename the forum 'put the bone in'

this tv show sounds bad unless we can be on the island too.

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

lune ellise wrote:I'm so sorry if I offended anyone - I couldn't resist it!
I'm not offended, I'm impressed! That is just so perfect. I can't believe I didn't think of it myself. :D
lune ellise wrote:Plus, I think someone in the band is cuter than others, and if I were to be stranded in an island with one of the band, it would definitely be him - but I won't tell you who =P
Come on, just tell us. We all 'fessed up. Please! :)
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

Post by stuck_in_the_90s »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:
lune ellise wrote:Plus, I think someone in the band is cuter than others, and if I were to be stranded in an island with one of the band, it would definitely be him - but I won't tell you who =P
Come on, just tell us. We all 'fessed up. Please! :)
If I had a crush on anyone in the band I probably wouldn't ever tell any of you, and you know that I can be open about a lot of stuff, especially my family. It's always fun to hide some aspect of your life from people, but it would be interesting to hear who you do like. Find something else to hide from everyone, like your favorite color! If it makes you feel better, I already admitted that I think that Dave is hot for someone that is thirty years older than me. If someone who is younger than you can admit that, surely you can, too, though I'm trying not pressure you... much.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

p.s. nicole it's also OK to admit that somebody was hot when he was around your age. i've admitted that before. although it's kinda creepy if they're really old and still alive... but oh well.

oh and i don't think 30 yrs is that big a deal for celeb-hotness-admiring. robert redford is probably 40 yrs older than me. and i think he's soo hot.

stuck_in_the_90s
Social Butterfly

Post by stuck_in_the_90s »

zany wrote:p.s. nicole it's also OK to admit that somebody was hot when he was around your age. i've admitted that before. although it's kinda creepy if they're really old and still alive... but oh well.

oh and i don't think 30 yrs is that big a deal for celeb-hotness-admiring. robert redford is probably 40 yrs older than me. and i think he's soo hot.
Oh, good, because I think that Dana Carvey is kind of hot. He's thirty-nine years older than me. I really think that Karl was hot, too, though I've only seen three pictures of him. I don't find Dan hot, sorry Dan, and sorry that you scare me. I don't know what it is about him!
You think Robert Redford is hot? I had to watch the Candidate last year in social studies. The smart board was at the side of the room instead of the front, and my desk was of course the closest to it. It was a bit weird staring straight into his face and now I cannot bare to look at him.