Dan the Man (his open-y shirt-y -ness)

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: Dan the Man (his open-y shirt-y -ness)

Post by Monolith Maniac »

mystic_spiral_3 wrote:I doubt it. I first heard of Selma Blair on this show "Zoe, Duncan, Jack, and Jane." That was 1999. I think she would have been pretty young when the Shove video was filmed.
According to her IMDb profile, she would have been about 20 or 21 when the video was filmed (born in 1972). I see she also starred in a film Cruel Intentions. Ironically also the same name of one of SA's songs. I wonder if maybe Dave was questioned to do the score at one point?
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

CrazyLittleWoman
Social Butterfly

Post by CrazyLittleWoman »

Just re-watched the Shove video. I was confused before. I meant is Selma Blair the brunette who's throwing stuff at and shoving the magician? She seems to be wearing a wig, but it kind of looks like her.
"Dave Pirner was the coolest motherfucker to wield a low-strung telecaster who isn't called Keith Richards." -- Ginger (Wildhearts)

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

CrazyLittleWoman wrote:http://www.sonybmg.com/musicbox/video/s ... index.html

This is much clearer that the youtube video.
I can't seem to access it. Maybe it's those videos that can only be watched in USA, UK...?
Twiddly Dee wrote:And damn when Dan goes up to the mic and sings with Dave...Mmmmm LOL Alot of hotness in that video....(sighs)
;) I still can't get over the knowledge that Dan was the guy in the water. :oops:
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

I was finally able to see the SonyBMG videos and they are EXPONENTIALLY better than YouTube!

So, update:

1. Dan is the hot guy on the water and was pushed at 2:49 mark (yes I know, my abnormal obsession is creeping you all out)
2. Grant is the one who got shoved down the stairs (ouch).
3. Karl is the magician who got shoved by Selma Blair (unconfirmed).
4. Dave is the one getting the acupuncture (I thought he was a girl getting a tattoo). When was he shoved?
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

lune ellise wrote:I was finally able to see the SonyBMG videos and they are EXPONENTIALLY better than YouTube!

So, update:

1. Dan is the hot guy on the water and was pushed at 2:49 mark (yes I know, my abnormal obsession is creeping you all out)
2. Grant is the one who got shoved down the stairs (ouch).
3. Karl is the magician who got shoved by Selma Blair (unconfirmed).
4. Dave is the one getting the acupuncture (I thought he was a girl getting a tattoo). When was he shoved?
He did the shoving.

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

I've never seen Dan with facial hair but I just got done watching Promises Broken...Mmmmmmmm I like!
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

Twiddly Dee wrote:I've never seen Dan with facial hair but I just got done watching Promises Broken...Mmmmmmmm I like!
There's a show out there where you can watch him suddenly develop facial hair. It's a bit weird. The MTV unplugged show. When it starts he's completely clean shaven. By the final song he's rather quite in need of a shave.

My roomate at the time was at that taping and she was there a looooooooong time. I don't remember exactly how long but she complained about it for days afterward. She kept saying things like "YOU are the one who likes Soul Asylum, I can't even stand them, why am I the one who had to sit through a whole day with them?" to which whine my reply was "Because I know what tv tapings are like, that's why. I told you not to go."

but anyway.....check it out and watch Dannys beard grow :)

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

Can I request for a Santa Dan picture (from the First Avenue show)? Pretty please...

I saw one in Myspace - but it's quite blurred (it's still cute, though).

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

yeah i haven't seen any photos other than that one posted yet...
lune did you see the youtube videos somebody put up? they're from far away but still kinda good

oh i just went to look for the link and there's another one added that's closer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKyex09d0ds

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

I'm equally bummed about my fuzzy Santa Danny shot, but there are some much better photos of Santa Danny and the show posted by Rob here...
http://www.yazcountry.com/rob/concerts/SA2008-1.html

Tracy
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.