Is SA alive and kickin?

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
harlan07
Runaway

Is SA alive and kickin?

Post by harlan07 »

I swing by here every so often and do a google news search to see what's up with the band. Seems like there is little to no touring and not much activity. I need another show. Hope the guys are still intact.

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Re: Is SA alive and kickin?

Post by OneLovedBand »

I've been missing them too. I'm not aware of much going on. I got a copy of their Minnesota Wild song and I think they did a good job with it. Dave is supposed to do a song on Joey Huffman's solo record according to Twitter. (see thread for details)

irreverentsoul
Runaway

Post by irreverentsoul »

There is a tour video at Melismatics.com titled "SA Epcot Center and Japan Tour". I was very surprised that Micheal Bland and Winston Roye were NOT in the touring band. Perhaps they were busy playing hockey with the Minnesota Wild? LOL

nikkip
Social Butterfly

Post by nikkip »

News has been slow but they're definitely alive and kicking. Everyone on the FB group is eagerly awaiting your news too :)

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

irreverentsoul wrote:There is a tour video at Melismatics.com titled "SA Epcot Center and Japan Tour". I was very surprised that Micheal Bland and Winston Roye were NOT in the touring band. Perhaps they were busy playing hockey with the Minnesota Wild? LOL
I could be wrong, but it's my understanding that Michael Bland does not fly so he does not play shows that require air travel, and I think that Winston has other musical endeavors he is a member of, so he is sometimes unavailable due to scheduling conflicts with other gigs.
dells

Look into your heart before it sees its final hour
Live today like there is no tomorrow
- wise advice from the brilliant Dave Pirner

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Post by OneLovedBand »

I was on the same flight once with Michael from Msp. to Newark so he does fly, unless it's something he stopped doing since 2015.

EyeSeeYou
Caged Rat

Post by EyeSeeYou »

Whatever happened to the string of cover EPs they recorded a while back?

Hopefully we'll get a new album really soon!