Time's Incinerator

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
derickson
Marionette

Time's Incinerator

Post by derickson »

Has anyone heard Time's Incinerator?
I just bought an unopened copy of the tape and haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.
Funny how you can still find a brand new unopened 22 year old tape!

artis
Stranger

Re: Time's Incinerator

Post by artis »

The cover of the Monkees "Goin Down" is great! Some good ad lib stuff from LoudFastRules too. There's a James Brown song that's really good as well.

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

This is definantly an oldie but goodie!!! Got a copy a couple months ago off ebay unopened too, for like $8..not bad at all. Specially when some people on Amazon are trying to sell them for $40 opened!

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

artis
Stranger

Post by artis »

Is there a reason why this is not on cd?

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

artis wrote:Is there a reason why this is not on cd?
Its because it was with Twin Tone records and they are out of business...and won't release the rights, I believe, or so my hubby says, and he thinks he knows everything..LOL..

Rusty

artis
Stranger

Post by artis »

I found a copy on cassette years ago in NYC- guess I'm one of the fortunate ones in that regard.

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Yeah we have been looking for it for years. He was to the point where he was going to pay a pretty penny for it if he ever found it ( which I wouldn't have minded if the band was getting the money but they wouldn't have been) So we both were quite happy when we found it new on ebay. Someone somewhere is sitting on a case of these brand new and is slowing selling them, on ebay its the same person always selling the cassette brand new..kinda weird I think...but good for the fans who don't have it.

derickson
Marionette

Post by derickson »

cool. I cant wait to listen to it.
I also found it on ebay, but I payed $12 for it!
Only problem is I only have one tape deck anymore and I need to find a way to hook it up so I can burn them down to mp3's. I would hate to have the tape break at this point...

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

One of the best off TI in my opinion is Nowhere To Go. Much of the SA material from that era is just kinda meh in my opinion. It's got potential, but not something I'm going to listen to much. However, Nowhere To Go is one of Dan's songs, and it just rocks. It doesn't sound overtly punk rock, but much more like it could fit in on their later albums if that makes sense. I think for the first album, they just were trying too hard to fit into a "scene". Nowhere to go is one of the exceptions, and really stands out in my opinion. Plus, Karl's monologue before the song is just wonderful.

Phil

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

Time's Incinerator was my Tetris tape at age 16. Loud enough to keep me awake while I played, indecipherable enough that I could kinda zone out to it, with a few exceptions. I liked Freeway because I was learning to drive that summer, Hot Pants is funny, and Nowhere to Go for the reasons just described by Phil.