New Soul Asylum Song: Let's All Kill Each Other

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Monolith Maniac
The Judge

New Soul Asylum Song: Let's All Kill Each Other

Post by Monolith Maniac »

As the days near the 2008 U.S. Elections, Soul Asylum has just released "Let's All Kill Each Other", part 3 of their "Bush Sr. and Jr. trilogy". Please visit the site's home page to download the song and to view a special message from Dave Pirner regarding the song.

Please post all comments regarding the song in this thread. You can also visit the site's song page for "Let's All Kill Each Other" here.

Thanks and enjoy!
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Re: New Soul Asylum Song: Let's All Kill Each Other

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

Um... "my tendency to overestimate the intelligence of our audience"?

I'm going to assume he meant to say "my tendency to overestimate the intelligence of the listening public" and not that he meant to insult us.

But very nice to have a message from Dave (including a very sweet and sincere-sounding thank you) and very cool that he's underscoring the importance of this election.
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

CULater
Caged Rat

Post by CULater »

This is big news for the site....you guys (as adminstrators) must be especially excited that the site has gotten such great attention...I mean, come on....a message from Dave, a song debut....good stuff!
"I've learned to accept and not to expect - the respect and neglect that I get. And I try not to forget about what hasn't happened yet.....""

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

CULater wrote:This is big news for the site....you guys (as adminstrators) must be especially excited that the site has gotten such great attention...I mean, come on....a message from Dave, a song debut....good stuff!
Jakob and I are definitely honored to be a part of this; I was very excited the other day when I got the news that they wanted us to post it on the site. I have really appreciated all the awesome attention that the site has gotten over the past year. We hope to continue to bring everyone more info to the site as time goes on. We could not do it without the help and support of all the fans and of course the band.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

Congrats to the fansite! It's amazing that the band we idolize so much acknowledge the existence of the best SA fansite there is!

I also appreciate the message from Dave. Is it sincere? I think so. So thanks, Dave - and also to the whole band!

I also found it funny when he said he overestimated the intellegince of their audience. You certainly overestimated mine!

Regarding the song - I don't mean to be too harsh but the title sounds ominously horrible... I haven't listened to it yet and haven't read the lyrics. Maybe I have to lower my expectations first to be able to give an unbiased critic to the song. Will update later...
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

lucy
Social Butterfly

Post by lucy »

This is so incredibly cool!!! And the song is great - FYI I Ba-racked the vote this morning!!! Happy Ba-racktober to everyone!

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

This is great guys...I can't even imagine how estatic you guys were when you were notified about having it on the site! Its a great honor! I really like the song...its very catchy!

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

blueharvest
O'Jeezer

Post by blueharvest »

Wow! Cool! Yay!
I'm glad that was a real rocker with a title like that. It's got a good healthy dose of Pirner cynicism to it too. It's much more To my musical preference than parts 1 and 2 of the trilogy.
Good score for the site! congrats dudes! Some effort should be made to spread the news a bit more. This would fit in really nice on rollingstone.com's political coverage. Can anyone contact sites like that?
One small bone to pick though... any chance of getting a higher quality mp3 of the tune? 128kbps doesn't sound as good as the song deserves.
Peace and vote my American colonial overlords!

J

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

So far the reviews of the song are positive - I hope they are not biased. I haven't listened to it yet - I have yet to summon the courage to do so.

BTW - I posted the big news (along with the link) in my blog - which is connected to Blogger, Facebook, etc... Hope this helps spread the word (although I don't think my blog generates that much audience).
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

I posted something on myspace about it...hopefully people will come and join!!! Its pretty awesome of them to let you guys do this and not even put it on their own myspace!! I'm so happy for you Jakob and Jim!!!

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more