[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Forum | EnterTheSoulAsylum.com - View topic - New Soul Asylum Song: Let's All Kill Each Other
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 New Soul Asylum Song: Let's All Kill Each Other 
Inmate

Hi Lauren
Welcome!

Ok, that just sounded like a meeting.
Anyway....

Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Inmate

Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:55 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Inmate

Is this indeed a brand new song recently recorded in the studio, or something that has kicked around since the TSL sessions that we never knew about?

Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:13 pm
Warden

Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:41 am
Profile WWW
Inmate

Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:03 am
Profile WWW
Inmate

I love that it's such a peppy catchy little song - it's been in my head for days too! But the message is so opposite that it's just perfect. Thank you Thank you for sharing it!

And I love the little D. Alexander SA book too - I actually ordered it off of Amazon after first reading about it here! So thank him for writing it too!

Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:07 am
Inmate

Posted about the song on a DVD site (www.dvdtalk.com) in their music subforum yesterday. 6 people have replied to my post but 124 have viewed the post in a day.

Again thanks for the great new song. Hoping my post can lure in at least 1 more new Soul Asylum fan and let them know about this great fansite.

Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:54 am
Inmate

Is it just me or do the first few seconds of this song sound a lot like the first few seconds of Slowly Rising? I was listening to Let's All Kill Each Other several times yesterday and the similarity struck me. So today I pulled out Slowly Rising to listen to them both. Just the first few seconds are nearly identical.

I don't have the technical skills to make sound clips for comparison, but maybe someone else could help me out here?

Oh, and I told my dad the title of the new song and he laughed. Guess he actually listened to that "Selected Soul Asylum" mix CD I made for him a few weeks ago because he seemed to understand the irony just fine. ;)

I'm really loving this song more and more.

Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:38 pm
Inmate

Hi again! Thanks for the welcome. I do feel a bit like I'm entering a support group - in a good way! Like; Hi, I'm Lauren and I'm a Soul-a-holic. hee hee...and I will definately send the love Danny's way ;)

It is fun reading all the posts and especially comforting knowing I'm not the only addict. My love began when I saw them in KC over the summer. So, so, so many old and not-so-new songs are new to me so I'm thrilled to share a REAL new song with y'all!

Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Inmate

Welcome, Lauren. Rusty (Twiddly Dee) and I were at that KC show in June, too. We were hoping you and Danny might make the St. Louis show so we could all say hello. It was a great show, lots of fans, lots of fun.

Maybe we can have that Soul-aholics meeting at the next KC show. Rusty and I definitely belong in that support group. ;)

Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next