First two Twin/Tone albums to be reissued in July

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
EyeSeeYou
Caged Rat

First two Twin/Tone albums to be reissued in July

Post by EyeSeeYou »

"The new versions of the Minneapolis alt-rock hitmakers' original two Twin/Tone albums, 1984’s “Say What You Will… Everything Can Happen” and 1986’s “Made to Be Broken,” will be available on CD for $17 starting July 20. Each reissue includes remastered updates of the original tracks, plus more than a dozen bonus tracks apiece and booklets with extra photos and liner notes."

http://www.startribune.com/soul-asylum- ... 483068471/

jasonC
Caged Rat

Re: First two Twin/Tone albums to be reissued in July

Post by jasonC »

No one has got them yet? I think I'll be picking them up shortly. Say What Yow Will is the only SA album I don't have so it makes sense to get it now that they improved the sound and it has bonus songs.

EyeSeeYou
Caged Rat

Post by EyeSeeYou »

Anyone's got them yet?

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

Yes. I really liked reading the liner notes. :)

EyeSeeYou
Caged Rat

Post by EyeSeeYou »

What about the extra tracks? Were they live versions, demos, outtakes, unreleased songs?

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

A mix of all those, I believe. Some tracks we got previously on Time's Incinerator.

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Post by OneLovedBand »

I got the reissue of Made To Be Broken. To me the new bonus tracks sound like they belong on the record. They are in the same style as the other tracks on Made To Be Broken but maybe sound a little rougher. On the alternate version of "Can't Go Back" for example, to me it sounds like you can hear Dave and Dan's voices a little more independently of each other. I didn't get Say What You Will yet, and with the announcement of the Twin Tone box set, I'll probably hold out for that. It's fun to have the "lost" tracks. I never got to see SA live during that time and it helps me imagine what one of their live shows from that era must have been like.