hi soul asylum fans im new to the group

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
triumph3434
Social Butterfly

Re: hi soul asylum fans im new to the group

Post by triumph3434 »

I agree, ill bet that there is a person whose job it is to update the site, but Ill bet they are in charge of a good 400 sites.

And antoehr thought. Does sony get any money from the tours? No, just the album sales, and you would think that the tours would boost album sales. But ill bet they just dont care because SA isnt a big ticket for them.

How many albums did Silver lining sell? Is that number out there? It was available for download too. How many downloads?

They should just put a pernmanent link up to the Myspace site, or this site.

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

Closer wrote:This site should just become the official one.
Oh no, much as I love this site and have great respect for it, I DON'T want this site to become an official Soul Asylum site! I rather enjoy the freedom to gush over Dan a fansite could offer, and would be diminished if it would become an official site.
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

lune ellise wrote:
Closer wrote:This site should just become the official one.
Oh no, much as I love this site and have great respect for it, I DON'T want this site to become an official Soul Asylum site! I rather enjoy the freedom to gush over Dan a fansite could offer, and would be diminished if it would become an official site.
Why would it be diminished? If the site became the official site in actuality, rather than just in the opinion of the band (um....which to me makes it their official site. if they say it is,who better to say?) it's not going to change the likelihood of the band hanging around reading things that make them go "huh?" in either direction. I doubt they'd go to it any more or less frequently unless they were the ones working on it. Official sites generally operate within the rules and guidelines of the people who set them up, and unless our present SA webgods hand off the site to some official agency there's no reason to think anything much would change, other than perhaps access to more information.

Bono
Marionette

Post by Bono »

Hey everyone Im brand spanking new too. Fell in love with the band in 1992 and have been a fan ever since. I got to see the guys in Calgary in November 1993 but sadly have not seen them since. I LOVE And the Horse They Rode in On!
Never, forever, whatever!

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Welcome to the board Bono!! Its a good time to join! Soul Asylum themselves said this is going to be an interesting year for the band! We have a weekly Monday night chat if you ever have a chance to stop by! We love meeting new people!

P.S. Most of the shout outs for what country you want them to come to are going here... http://www.enterthesoulasylum.com/forum ... 55&start=0

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

Bono
Marionette

Post by Bono »

Thanks Twiddly Dee. I actually saw the video clip where Dave said they'd been working on some new stuff. Sounds exciting. New Soul Asylum and U2 in the same year possibly! :shock: And yeah I was wondering about the chats, Mondays you say.... 7:00pm say Chicago time so 6:00pm Calgary time?

Oh and thanks for the link to the Peru(country/city request) thread.
Last edited by Bono on Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never, forever, whatever!

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Bono wrote:Thanks Twiddly Dee. I actually saw the video clip where Dave said they'd been working on some new stuff. Sounds exciting. New Soul Asylum and U2 in the same year possibly! :shock: And yeah I was wondering about the chats, Mondays you say.... what time do they usually happen?

Oh and thanks for the link to the Peru(country/city request) thread.
The chat starts at 7pm Central time and have no official ending time...people just come and go as they please...I think one even lasted til like 3 or 4 in the morning!
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

sheryl wrote:Doesn't their myspace page list this AS their official site?
Actually, that's because of a technical limitation of MySpace. They used to have it listed as "Great unofficial fansite: www.enterthesoulasylum.com" but that messed up the hyperlink, so they had to put only the URL in there.

Of course, it's still a great honor just like Jim said.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

Hi guys! :)
I'm new too! I found this site through their official site. I was just reading what you said about people not listening to the radio anymore. Well, from time to time I listen to the radio and that is actually how I got into SA (this is actually a story for "How I got into SA" thread, but I hope you won't mind if I post it here). I vaguely remember Runaway Train from when I was a kid, because I was only 5 when it was released, and then 2 months ago I heard the song on the radio, downloaded it from the internet, thought it was a really nice song, and then I heard it on the radio again, so I started wondering what else do this guys have. And then, my god, I was blown away!! I started asking around, asking people if they had heard of them, but everybody knew just that one song. I could not believe SA didn't get more of that so very deserved attention! So for the last 2 months, every free moment I've had, I've been spending it on line searching for more videos, more articles, more anything I can get my hands on, and also, since I found this site, I've been reading it every day! So, I'm really, in every sense of the word, a new fan. And like someone here said, once you get into SA, you're hooked for life! (yeah, I know, I've been a fan for just 2 months now, but I don't think I will ever get enough of them). And also, I have to tell you, I have a serious problem with finding their albums here in my country, so I've just bought some of their albums on ebay, and I'm waiting for them to arrive.
And just one more thing, all of you who have seen them perform live, you should consider yourself really, really lucky!! That's it from me for tonight (today for all of you probably), and I apologize for this long post!
Bye!

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

hi spodiba! welcome to the forum here! that's great that you stumbled across runaway train on the radio which ended up getting you into SA :) and you're not the only 'new' fan on here, i think there are others who heard of SA for the first time in the past year (if i'm remembering correctly) and there's a varied age range of their fans on here also. i hope that you DO get to see them perform live one day! i've seen them only once but you're right i AM lucky that i was able to.

-nicole