hi soul asylum fans im new to the group

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
philipgar
O'Jeezer

Re: hi soul asylum fans im new to the group

Post by philipgar »

Welcome to the club!!! It's always great to see new faces and names on here. Glad to se you've found ways to track down SA's albums. They really are just amazing. Of course, their live material blows it all away. You're at an exciting time, as you get to experience all this stuff for the first time, and there is just so much to hear.

It definitely is true, once someone catches the bug, they don't lose it. It's an addiction. As for seeing them live... I consider myself lucky many times over. I remember around 1997 when I had never seen them and thought that I'd never get the chance that they'd never play near me, or break up before I could see them. 12 years later I'm on show twenty something. So I definitely can't complain :).

Phil

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

Thank you guys, I feel very welcome! :)
Zany, thank you for your wishes to see them live!
Yeah, this is a very exciting time for me, there is so much to discover. I don't really know what was I doing (or listening) prior to discovering SA. Someone here said that he tried not to listen to SA for two weeks! Jesus! :o Two weeks! Why would you want to do that?
I've seen everything LittleTooClean put on youtube and for some reason I thought he was a she, but then I found this site and realized he wasn't. I'm mentioning this because I've seen how huge of a collection of SA material he has and is willing to share it with the rest of the fans, so I just want to thank you for that, LitleTooClean!

So, actually, I just wanted to say that you all seem like such a close-knit community and I'm glad to be a part of it! Bye for now! :)

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

hello bono and spodibo its awesome you found the site i only found it 2months ago if you can get all there cds including (candy from a stranger)(let your dim light shine)( grave dancers union)(the silver lining)you wont be dissapointed. soul asylum brothers keep in touch,

lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Post by lune ellise »

spodiba wrote:So, actually, I just wanted to say that you all seem like such a close-knit community and I'm glad to be a part of it! Bye for now! :)
We are a close-knit group - that's my favorite thing in this forum. I hope we will keep it this way ETSA inmates.

Love you all! And I'm sorry I was so late to welcome you Spodiba and Bono...
:ugeek:
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

Hi people!
I didn't know where to post this, and I didn't want to open a new topic just to ask you this, so I'm posting here:
I'd like to hear your suggestions about which album to buy: since you know I'm a new fan and still in the process of buying SA albums, a friend of mine wants to buy me an album, and I can't decide between the two:
Made To Be Broken or
SA: Live After The Flood (ok, I know this is not an album :) )

just for additional info that might help, these are the albums that I have:
hang time
and the horse they rode in on
grave dancers union
let your dim light shine (actually, still waiting for this one to arrive)
clam dip & other delights (still waiting to arrive)
the silver lininig
candy from a stranger

in the future, I plan to have all their albums, but for now, what would you suggest?

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

spodiba wrote:in the future, I plan to have all their albums, but for now, what would you suggest?
I'd say get the studio albums first and then the live album, so I would suggest Made To Be Broken. It's my favourite one from the Twin/Tone period, by the way.

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

Thanks, Closer!

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

Closer wrote:
spodiba wrote:in the future, I plan to have all their albums, but for now, what would you suggest?
I'd say get the studio albums first and then the live album, so I would suggest Made To Be Broken. It's my favourite one from the Twin/Tone period, by the way.
While SA live shows are better than their albums, Made to Be Broken is probably my favorite SA album, so I'd have to go with that one. the album that brings you never really been is well worth having ten times over!!!

Phil

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

OK, you convinced me, Made To Be Broken it is!! :D
Thank you, guys!