hi soul asylum fans im new to the group

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
carolp
Stranger

Re: hi soul asylum fans im new to the group

Post by carolp »

Hey there! I'm new too, so I thought I'd say hi here.

I've been a fan of SA for a while too, since early 90s. I got to this site through SA's official site, in the link page.
It's quite funny that this site is updated more often than the official one hehe

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Welcome to the site carolp and ElDangeroso. I'm always glad to see new members; whether new or old fans joining the site. Hope you both enjoy your stay/visits here.
carolp wrote:I got to this site through SA's official site, in the link page.
I don't think we're listed under their "official" (http://www.soulasylum.com) site; possibly you were referring to their MySpace, but glad you found us nonetheless. :)
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

Doesn't their myspace page list this AS their official site?

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

sheryl wrote:Doesn't their myspace page list this AS their official site?
Yes they do, which I feel is a great honor; but I believe carolp mistook their MySpace as the official site (please correct me if I'm wrong). I think almost any other SA site could be mistaken as their official site since we haven't seen the "official" one updated since 2006.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

Monolith Maniac wrote:Welcome to the site carolp and ElDangeroso. I'm always glad to see new members; whether new or old fans joining the site. Hope you both enjoy your stay/visits here.

I don't think we're listed under their "official" (http://www.soulasylum.com) site; possibly you were referring to their MySpace, but glad you found us nonetheless. :)
Hi new people!

I have to make a funny comment. I went to the Sony site, and the EPK link shows a "We Are The 80s" clip. Suckage.

triumph3434
Social Butterfly

Post by triumph3434 »

We are the 80's, LOL.

I just was watching nostalgic youtube videos about the 90's. Kinda cool. They play runaway train in almost all of em. Its a good time to watch one of those videos.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

Monolith Maniac wrote:
sheryl wrote:Doesn't their myspace page list this AS their official site?
Yes they do, which I feel is a great honor; but I believe carolp mistook their MySpace as the official site (please correct me if I'm wrong). I think almost any other SA site could be mistaken as their official site since we haven't seen the "official" one updated since 2006.
I noticed sometime last year that they did update the tour section on the official site with a few dates but not even all dates which is odd. And I read on some other music forum that some people weren't aware until afterwards about a show near them because it wasn't listed on the official site. So I think it's a shame that they don't update the official site, even if it's just the tour section, cause apparently some people only check a site like that because they don't know about this one or their myspace.

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

Closer wrote:I noticed sometime last year that they did update the tour section on the official site with a few dates but not even all dates which is odd. And I read on some other music forum that some people weren't aware until afterwards about a show near them because it wasn't listed on the official site. So I think it's a shame that they don't update the official site, even if it's just the tour section, cause apparently some people only check a site like that because they don't know about this one or their myspace.
This is a PR or management issue. I agree it's an awful problem and someone's not keeping up with their job.

triumph3434
Social Butterfly

Post by triumph3434 »

SONY owns that site, Im sure that SA has ZERO say on what happens with it.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

triumph3434 wrote:SONY owns that site, Im sure that SA has ZERO say on what happens with it.
I'm sure you're right, but they should have access to update the tour section on their own official site, and with ''they'' I mean management or anyone involved. That shouldn't be a hard task knowing that there are always people that will only check for tour dates through the official site and then it's a shame if there are dates missing or no dates at all. This site should just become the official one.