Downloads

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Re: Downloads

Post by no1rockfan »

I like megaupload, because the files are stored longer, or used to be. One time I put a file up there and it was still available months later because it seemed that as long as someone downloaded it every few days, the time it was available was renewed up to a month longer. You do have to wait 45 seconds for the file, but megaupload stores huge files!

Yousendit only allows files to be stored for about a week, then they expire. I've only used rapidshare once, and didn't really like it.

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

I use sendspace myself (prior to that yousendit, but the 100meg file size limit was starting to cramp my style) ;)

300meg file size limit
no wait
files stay there until I delete them from my account (which may not be the case for the "just upload it without logging in" method though....)
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

AlyssaJones wrote:Okay, so what songs are in the SA riff file?

I've identified them as:
Runaway Train
Misery
See You Later
New York Blackout
Directions
one that I recognize but can't quite put my finger on and it's driving me NUTS!
Grounded
Black Gold
Directions again?
One that was "driving me [you] nuts", eh? :)

The ones you couldn't identify were Oxygen and the live version of Rhinestone Cowboy from the Prom CD, respectively (all the others were right).

The riff doesn't occur in Glen Campbell's version of Rhinestone Cowboy from what I can hear making me think the riff is a little "signature" thing they do even if it isn't one of their written songs. It just might even be subconscious and might not know they're even playing it as it becomes some type of creature of habit for them. :P
AlyssaJones wrote:So, about Forever and a Day...
I think version 2 is the original. The first one sounds to me like it's alot higher pitched than it should be.
Good to see I'm not alone in thinking this (whether its true or not). Going though a few other demos the other night to also debunk this mystery of mine, I also found a few other higher pitched demos (one of them being significantly noticeable in P-9).
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

allright, back to get more (hit my limit yesterday), but rapidshare will only let me get one more file and then it says I've reached my limit, please upgrade to a Premium account (or something).

I"ll grab these from a different ip#/computer to get the rest.

Thanks again for the links though, as I wouldn't have had these otherwise....!
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

Again it was just a test.

In the next week or so this will all be worked out
and everyone will get a nice surprise.
:D

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Great! Lookin' forward to it...whenever and whatever that surprise be. :)

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.