[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Forum | EnterTheSoulAsylum.com - View topic - To Sir, With Love Missing Lyrics
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 To Sir, With Love Missing Lyrics 
Inmate

http://www.imeem.com/people/bPUjocJ/mus ... unplugged/

Here's Soul Asylum's Unplugged version of To Sir, With Love. This 1993 performance featured the band with Lulu (the artist who originally sang the song).

There is this "third part" of the song that wasn't sung before, and no lyrics available anywhere. It's the part right after Dave's: from "Those awkward years" sang by Lulu with it's chorus "If you wanted the world" sang in duet.

Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
Inmate

this verse? were you looking for lyrics or just pointing it out? i'm not sure about the one-day lyric, it also sounds like "wanna date" to me :)
but i used to listen to that version a lot back in the day. was fun to give it a listen to again, i don't play it much lately.

those awkward years
are hurried by why do they fly
why is it so
that children grow up to be people (one day?)
takes the place of climbing trees
and dirty knees in the world outside
what is there for you i can buy.

Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:53 pm
O'Jeezer

You definitely got me curious about this issue, as those lyrics don't turn up in most lyric searches I've done. The lines do go along great with the song though.

Phil

Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
The Judge

Most of the cover songs (Jukebox Hero, Move Over) I added for the discography were copy and pasted them from lyric sites and change them up to match SA's version, opposed to transcribing them individually (which I did for all the original SA songs). I double and triple checked the various lyrics sites to see if the lyrics were all the same, which they were (though the majority of those are lyric sites are copy/pasted from one another).

I assume most covers (as well as some SA's) omit the last verse and slightly different chorus which might be why most searches come up without these lyrics.

Whatever the case may be, I updated the for all the lyrics; thanks Lune. ;)

Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:46 am
Profile WWW
Inmate

Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:02 am
Profile WWW
The Judge

Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
Inmate

hmmm not to make things more complicated.. but the version SA did without lulu on the Prom CD does not have that last verse in it.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:43 pm
The Judge

Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
Inmate

ah i missed the 'studio' version part of what you said jim :)
sounds like the note will satisfy any nit-picker on the lyrics page

Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]