Dave Interview tomorrow on 91.1!

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Homesick
Warden

Re: Dave Interview tomorrow on 91.1!

Post by Homesick »

This sounds like a great interview! I'm listening to it right now.

I just put up a blurb about it on the front page, along with the interview audio itself in an embedded player. Hopefully, I can find a way to save the interview permanently and put it on our audio page for safekeeping.

I'm still waiting to hear your part, Alyssa. You asked a great question, and I'm looking forward to hearing it!
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

I just finished listening to it for the second time!

Yes, Homesick, please find a way to save this great interview permanently.
While I was listening to it just now, I saw that you put it on the front page and wrote that we can listen to it if we just can get enough of it, and I laughed and recognized myself in it :D

Alyssa, I like the way you pronounced his name - Mr Pirner. I mean, not the Mr part, but Pirner :)

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

I just saved the audio file to my computer. I'll upload it in a few days when most people have listened to the interview through the radio channel's website. (We don't have a set bandwidth limit and we've probably never been close to exceeding the arbitrary threshold, but with files as large as this I'd rather not have them being downloaded too often.)

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

That was a REALLY good interview! No insult to Dave's usual interview style, but this was the most there and present in the moment I've ever heard him sound in an interview. It was nice to hear him just talk about things he was actually interested in on a personal level, without that "well, i'm kind of out there..." persona.

And it was really cool that I found myself knowing exactly what he meant over and over again. When he talked about Louis Armstrong music on the back porch in New Orleans, evoking that sense of dreamlike timelessnes, that it could only sound that way here, and that this was what it felt like and smelled like when that music was created...I found myself sitting here nodding and agreeing like crazy because that happens to me all the time here.

A couple of times I also found myself thinking "Ok Dave, how many times have you seen Waking Life?" ;)

Thanks for sharing that, that was awesome.

It makes me kind of regret that the last time I had the chance to talk to him, rather than something musical and cool and kickass, we ended up talking about the dinosaur exhibit at the zoo.

I mean..really?

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

Homesick wrote:I just saved the audio file to my computer. I'll upload it in a few days when most people have listened to the interview through the radio channel's website. (We don't have a set bandwidth limit and we've probably never been close to exceeding the arbitrary threshold, but with files as large as this I'd rather not have them being downloaded too often.)
awesome. i'd like to save that.

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

The interview is now available on our audio page (at the very bottom).

I Love Dim Light
Inmate

Post by I Love Dim Light »

They talked only about past. Nothing about future. Nothing like, " we're working on new material, we're going to record a new album and this is why there are so little gigs in the summer."