[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Forum | EnterTheSoulAsylum.com - View topic - Dave Interview tomorrow on 91.1!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Dave Interview tomorrow on 91.1! 
Inmate

did your 75+_45 minutes include stuff that was cut out from th e 50 mins on the website? just curious. certainly not complaining ! 50 mins was great :) this was the longest most-sober interview i've heard of dave i think. or maybe just the interviewer was asking better questions than other ones i've heard or something. either way, i quite enjoyed it ! glad you all caught it and posted the link :) thanks!

sara nice job asking the riff question :) i could never quite hear what you all were talking about - my ear is not very good i guess - but for those that did hear it - was it what dave hummed?

Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:05 pm
O'Jeezer

Oh my god -- I can't believe they are planning on playing Stranger!!!!

That is one of my all-time favorites and has been on my most-wanted-song list forever, and I won't be there to hear it! :cry:

Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:15 pm
Inmate

don't worry - maybe it'll go well and be played more often in the future! i'm psyched at the live harmonica :) i love it.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:21 pm
O'Jeezer

Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:25 pm
Inmate

My favorite part of the interview was the "Dude, you don't got a mom?" part. I've been laughing about it all day. I always wondered about that line of the song though.

I still can't believe I actually talked to him and I'm so happy, but on the other hand I also feel embarrassed 'cuz I feel like I my question was really dumb and I sounded like a blithering idiot. :roll:

Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:42 pm
O'Jeezer

Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:20 pm
Inmate

that's such a tease to play harmonica in sound check !!

yeah don't feel bad sara i liked your part :) you did very well - i would have been like "ummmmmmmmmmm i forgot what i was gonna say... hi dave hee hee." :)

and yup... i did recognize a few things i'd heard before somewhere (generational trombone players for one) but good point on the thoughtful thorough answers from dave :) and it sounded like he got really into the question about songs bringing you back to places and how he loved playing songs for eli that he loved and seeign eli's reaction (aw)

Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:54 pm
O'Jeezer

Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:06 pm
O'Jeezer

I really enjoyed that interview. I agree that some of the questions and answers I'd heard before, but it was still a good listen. I think having the fans ask questions maybe got away from the standard questions and made it fresher.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:34 pm
Inmate

Yep was a gr8 listen, interesting to hear him talking about the Backbeat band and how Soul Asylum have played in the same small club in Germany as the Beatles when they were relatively unknown - Now if only they could play in the small underground club where the Beatles first ever played a show at, in Liverpool - Although not for at least a year now as I won't be there!

Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next