What would be the ultimate duet?

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Homesick
Warden

What would be the ultimate duet?

Post by Homesick »

Throughout the years, Dave has performed duets with artists like Victoria Williams, Lulu, and Wyclef, resulting in performances that are usually very much appreciated.

If you could listen to Dave performing a duet with an artist of your choice, who would it be? (And what song would they perform?)
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Re: What would be the ultimate duet?

Post by dells »

I'd like to see Dave do "Time After Time" with Cyndi Lauper. Time After Time is such a beautiful song, and it imparts a very similar "vibe" and feeling as a lot of Dave's songs do, without actually sounding anything alike. I'd also like to see Dave and Bono duet one of U2's rockers, although I'm having trouble trying to pick which one right at the moment, as I haven't had my U2 mp3s available to listen to in literally years.

dells

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

arlo guthrie.
i think their voices would sound cool together.
as for a song, i know they both already have played Pretty Boy Floyd, but i think dave would be a cool addition on Coming into Los Angeles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsnUu71V ... re=related

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

How about something with Vanessa Carlton? I loved her song A Thousand Miles, and she also performed well together with Adam Duritz of Counting Crows in a song called Big Yellow Taxi (although that wasn't really a duet; she just sang backup). No idea what song would be a good fit, though...
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

CULater
Caged Rat

Post by CULater »

Okay, you're probably all gonna think I'm bizarre for saying this, but the first thing that popped into my head when reading this was Kris Kristofferson and his "Sunday Morning Coming Down"....great song!

We'll see what I come up with after really giving it some thought.....
"I've learned to accept and not to expect - the respect and neglect that I get. And I try not to forget about what hasn't happened yet.....""