soulasylum.com now leads here

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
lune ellise
Social Butterfly

Re: soulasylum.com now leads here

Post by lune ellise »

I would like to extend my congratulations to Jim and Jakob for this awesome event. Nothing is more exciting than this (aside from a new album *wink wink*) - and all because of your hardwork. You guys rock!

I kinda regret I am not as active as I was before... I heard though that things are doing better, so congratulations also to the active fans in here for making this site THE numero uno SA site ;-)

KEEP IT UP guys!
"There's no such thing as a man-tamed girl."
My reviews of Soul Asylum albums: http://fritzi.gironella-cdo.com/search/ ... l%20asylum

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Yaay for officialness status! But why does the title bar still say A Soul Asylum fansite??

The Cadott, WI Rockfest site calls this "The Soul Asylum Website"
http://www.rock-fest.com/index.cfm?event=artist&id=114 and even Myspace and Facebook have this site listed as official!

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Yeah, I think you guys should definitely change it. This IS the official site. SA's managers consider it official, and anytime I see an article about them somewhere online it links here, and not just as soulasylum.com, but enterthesoulasylum.com

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

AlyssaJones wrote:Yeah, I think you guys should definitely change it. This IS the official site. SA's managers consider it official, and anytime I see an article about them somewhere online it links here, and not just as soulasylum.com, but enterthesoulasylum.com

Just because a site is official, doesn't mean it's not a fansite. I think the fansite wording should stay, as this site is still run by and for fans. It's a big difference than some website designed by people working for the band, and shows a labor of love. It might be an "official" site, but I don't think saying it's a fansite is bad at all.

Phil

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

philipgar wrote: Just because a site is official, doesn't mean it's not a fansite. I think the fansite wording should stay, as this site is still run by and for fans. It's a big difference than some website designed by people working for the band, and shows a labor of love. It might be an "official" site, but I don't think saying it's a fansite is bad at all.

Phil
I agree. Well said, Phil!

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

philipgar wrote:Just because a site is official, doesn't mean it's not a fansite. I think the fansite wording should stay, as this site is still run by and for fans. It's a big difference than some website designed by people working for the band, and shows a labor of love. It might be an "official" site, but I don't think saying it's a fansite is bad at all. Phil
We the old fans and forum members know this works as both -- fansite and official site -- but new fans and visitors won't. They might know to look up old news items, but would they sift through buried forum topics from months or even years ago? Would they even know a particular topic exists? Why do you think people start repeat topics that the administrators end up merging?

New visitors skim a site, they don't bury themselves in it at first visit. As of now, all a new fan will see is that this is a fansite. (assume this thread remained buried and I never reopened it). That's what all the visible indicators (front page, title bar, info page) show.

It's a simple concept. If you want people to know you're the official site, you don't bury it. You flaunt it (within reason). :) And since this site has been made "official" by people working for the band, and the band itself, despite it being run by fans, that "officialness" should be made more prominent. :)

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

The reason we don't label EnterTheSoulAsylum.com as official is because it isn't. Truly being the official site carries with it responsibilities that we wouldn't be comfortable with, and it also gives visitors the impression that the information we provide is official and confirmed by the band.

Granted, the band does list this page as their website on Facebook and MySpace, but to the best of my knowledge neither the band nor the managers have referred to this as the official site. Running an active website is tough work, and given that Sony didn't help much with the old SoulAsylum.com, the band probably chose to promote this site because it already has a sizeable community.

There is no official agreement of any kind between us and the band on how this site is run. Like Phil says, a fansite should be run by fans, and that's why there is no "Official" label anywhere on the site. That being said, I would definitely enjoy an official site managed by the band, but this one isn't it.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

If you're wondering where the latest posts went, I removed a couple of them due to trolling.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

KingofPain
Stranger

Post by KingofPain »

Well I guess I'm not that into the band. So bear with me since I'm new to this site. I'm sure I could like the band but I havn't had time to indulged into. Well, I apologized if I came off rude ,
Hope I could get to meet u all and tell me more about this band.
I have stood here before inside the pouring rain
With the world turning circles running 'round my brain
I guess I always thought that you could end this reign

laurenalexander
Marionette

Post by laurenalexander »

Congrats!

This is where I go all the time looking to see if they are coming anywheres near Kansas City. And then I get disapointed. But this is GREAT news for y'all!