thinking of buying some SA cds but cant get much info boutem

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

thinking of buying some SA cds but cant get much info boutem

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

need help if you can on these cds /esay to avoid/letterman rehearsal/masterclass demos1991/who?/ventura theatre1993/get on out live/ would appreciate your SA knowledge thanks

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Re: thinking of buying some SA cds but cant get much info boutem

Post by philipgar »

was easy to avoid a single, or is that just a demo/bootleg? The others are all bootleg cds, and I would not recommend buying them, as you're just paying some bootlegger for the bands work. Most of those cds contain material that is easily available from traders and torrents, so it really isn't worth spending money on.

Phil

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

my main ? was the demos. i didnt think they were bootlegs easy to avoid is 12 demos from GDU /black gold/sqare root/by the way/99/think and thin/new world/geton out/runaway/growing/easy to avoid/some obsession/sraight up/ it looks like a real cd with pic of band others prob are bootlegs also found westwood one cd i know its not a bootleg .but thanks phillip anyone else can offer anything would be appreciated

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

EL DANGEROSO wrote:my main ? was the demos. i didnt think they were bootlegs easy to avoid is 12 demos from GDU /black gold/sqare root/by the way/99/think and thin/new world/geton out/runaway/growing/easy to avoid/some obsession/sraight up/ it looks like a real cd with pic of band others prob are bootlegs also found westwood one cd i know its not a bootleg .but thanks phillip anyone else can offer anything would be appreciated
They may have proper artwork, and be a real cd, but it doesn't make them not bootlegs. Many of these releases came out without permission at the height of Soul Asylum's popularity from people trying to make a few bucks off the band. as such, i'd recommend downloading them instead of giving money to someone who printed up some CDs of the guys work. The band definitely didn't release those demos officially in any capacity (although quite a few are available as b-sides etc, but from better recordings.

Phil

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

ok ill agree with you phillip but i dont know if its any better to download stuff the guys wont make any money on. of course then buying used cds they still dont make anything off of those.

triumph3434
Social Butterfly

Post by triumph3434 »

Easy to Avoid - Sponge Records Stock # 003 - Released In Australia in 1993 - Contains 12 GDU Demos Recorded 6/1991

I have it on CD and the Rest on MP3. What do you want to know about them?

And its not like these Bootlegs are still being made. They are all used now anyways, so the bootleggers arent getting any money either. And diddnt make much in the first place. And no, there is no difference in downloading from a sharing site.

triumph3434
Social Butterfly

Post by triumph3434 »

P.S. Check Ebay in Italy and Australia. You can get the KTS Bootlegs from italy ebay all the time.

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

thanks so much triumph i was wondering the quality of those cds how they sound escpecially easy to avoid

triumph3434
Social Butterfly

Post by triumph3434 »

The Quality is good. Sounds like a Tape converted to CD. (Which it most likely is)

Also, the Case says "Easy to avoid", but the disc it says, "easy to forget". So when you read it like a book it says, "easy to avoid, easy to forget". Anyways, I once saw on ebay someone had just the CD, and no case. They thought it was called, "easy to forget", and had the auction titled as such. OS try searching for Easy to Forget as well.