Leno, SNL, and Palais Royale shows on YouTube!

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I remember the first time my friend Joanna (who Gail met in Raleigh) and I saw that SNL performance with the voodoo hand thing. We were teenagers then, on the phone while watching, and were like "WHAT are they DOING?!?!"

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

mystic_spiral_3 wrote:I remember the first time my friend Joanna (who Gail met in Raleigh) and I saw that SNL performance with the voodoo hand thing. We were teenagers then, on the phone while watching, and were like "WHAT are they DOING?!?!"
I love it! I think it's hilarious in a way, but maybe Dave does put spells on his guitars! :lol:

Mary
Marionette

Post by Mary »

Thaaaaaanks guys !!!! The videos are absolutely amazing :D :D
And for me that I have never seen Soul Asylum play live are a big gift.

Mary :wink:

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

I just uploaded the Black Star video with Wain McFarlane and Dave to YouTube. I downloaded this from the company who had filmed the video a few years back.

This video (I believe) is also available on Wain McFarlane's album That Was Then, This Is Now. The album also features Wain covering Dave's song, I'll Have My Day from Faces and Names.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QymWxc-qOLs
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

Monolith Maniac wrote:I just uploaded the Black Star video with Wain McFarlane and Dave to YouTube. I downloaded this from the company who had filmed the video a few years back.

This video (I believe) is also available on Wain McFarlane's album That Was Then, This Is Now. The album also features Wain covering Dave's song, I'll Have My Day from Faces and Names.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QymWxc-qOLs
i love that video. and i love hearing dave sing the song live. it's great all the way around.
the video on the wain mcfarlane cd is different. it's wain and dave in the studio recording the song. i have the cd, but i have no way right now to do anything about getting it online. i wish i could. it's a very cool video.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

sheryl wrote:i love that video. and i love hearing dave sing the song live. it's great all the way around.
the video on the wain mcfarlane cd is different. it's wain and dave in the studio recording the song.
Thanks for clarifying that Sheryl. I wasn't totally sure if the video mentioned in the review on the website was the same one (which is why I put "I believe" in my previous post). I still need to pick up a copy of the disc (I only got Black Star and I'll Have My Day). When I do, I can put the video up.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Today I got an email from YouTube notifying me about the SNL Somebody To Shove video I have up, and that the material is infringing. I removed it as well as the Black Gold and Stand Up and Be Strong video from Leno since they are also from NBC as well (to avoid any further issues).

I didn't use any NBC related keywords, but I had a feeling I was going to recieve a notification on those (honestly I'm kind of surpised I didn't get an email sooner; they were up there for a couple months).
Last edited by Monolith Maniac on Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asylunt
O'Jeezer

Post by Asylunt »

Damn the Man!