Karl Mueller Benefit

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Flipstain
Stranger

Karl Mueller Benefit

Post by Flipstain »

I recently found some downloads from this show over on the Paul Westerberg site for two of his songs. Does anyone have any additional songs from this show? Obviously I would be interested in any Soul Asylum material as well as Golden Smog and Bob Mould/Grant Hart material.

Asylunt
O'Jeezer

Re: Karl Mueller Benefit

Post by Asylunt »

I too would be very interested in this material. Was there and the night was amazing, still wish Tommy and Paul would of pulled a mini Mats set.
Would you look into my eyes if I were to go blind?

JohnMutXB
Lone Rider

Post by JohnMutXB »

I unfortunately have no clue where they are, but at one point I had the full SA set, Golden Smog's set from that night, and also the Gear Daddies set. I probably got them from dimeadozen, and it was probably within a few weeks of the show. I'm sorry I can't help you actually locate them, but at least I can confirm that those 3 exist. I also just found some long-dead links to download the Hart/Mould, Westerberg, and Sarah Lee Guthrie sets, so the whole thing should exist somewhere if you look hard enough. The benefit was called "Rock for Karl", and took place October 21, 2004 that may help you locate them. For the record, that was probably one of the coolest events I've been to, Karl spoke up at the end of SA's set and commenting on how great it was to have all those people at the same show had the awesome quote "Even if I didn't know me, I'd probably be at this show"

Asylunt
O'Jeezer

Post by Asylunt »

Well, How awesome is that! Thank you very much. I haven't been around here in a year or so, but looks like it's good I came back around.
Would you look into my eyes if I were to go blind?