2008 Dec. 19th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
derickson
Marionette

Re: Friday December 19th, 2008... 1st Avenue

Post by derickson »

Here is to good cold weather then!
Living in MN all my life, I can survive the cold.
I only have a 45 minute drive to First Ave, so I will be there even if I have to drive the crappy suzuki just to have the 4x4!!

dells
Social Butterfly
Location: rural Richardton, North Dakota. A/K/A the hind end of nowhere

Post by dells »

Well, I successfully "rocked out" to children's songs with my granddaughter yesterday without falling on my face, so now I'm brave enough to try rocking out to Somebody To Shove. Although visually my "rocking out" is definately most suitable to getting a toddler to giggle, and I'm sure I'll embarass myself at the show :lol: , it's good to know I will still be able to lose myself in the music, regardless of style or skill.

dells
dells

Look into your heart before it sees its final hour
Live today like there is no tomorrow
- wise advice from the brilliant Dave Pirner

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

dells wrote:Well, I successfully "rocked out" to children's songs with my granddaughter yesterday without falling on my face, so now I'm brave enough to try rocking out to Somebody To Shove. Although visually my "rocking out" is definately most suitable to getting a toddler to giggle, and I'm sure I'll embarass myself at the show :lol: , it's good to know I will still be able to lose myself in the music, regardless of style or skill.

dells
As a fellow Soul Asylum fan I don't care how you rock out ( or look while doing it) at the concert as long as you have a great time doing it! At the St. Louis concert last month it was great I had Laura(Littlecrazywomen) to my left doing her head banging jumpin up and down moves, me in the middle shaking my hips and banging my head, Andrew(andrewttw) was to my right just a jumping and waving his arm in the air, and Meg(crawl) and her husband were behind us just a dancing away! It was a blast! The best concert I have been to so far, just because of the fellow fans that were there with me rockin out!

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

dells
Social Butterfly

Post by dells »

Good to hear. Thanks for the support. Now I only have to stress about being able to get to the show, and if my son will be able to wheel my chair to the front of the stage.

dells
dells

dells
Social Butterfly

Post by dells »

Wahoo! Our tickets arrived today! It's so exciting to have tickets in hand for a Soul Asylum show again after such a long dry spell.

dells
dells

CULater
Caged Rat

Post by CULater »

Oooh...Lucky! There's nothing like a First Ave show. I remember seeing them there...this is going back awhile...ZuZu's Petals was one of the opening acts! Good times!!
"I've learned to accept and not to expect - the respect and neglect that I get. And I try not to forget about what hasn't happened yet.....""

LyndaleExile
Marionette

Post by LyndaleExile »

I'm hoping to make this show. I've been homesick for a while now. I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row before buying a ticket. It would be good to see some familiar faces and listen to some good, live music again.

Why the hell did I ever leave the Twin Cities?

derickson
Marionette

Post by derickson »

You might remember why if you get back in at the end of December... It usually has to do with this evil word... WINTER!!

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

norma023 wrote:I wouldn't be too concerned.

What if they book another local show in between now and then, and if they had officially announced the Dec show by now, and starting selling tickets for it, that itself might impact sales for a show happening before then (if one gets booked, and for example at a smaller venue).

So maybe another show for the locals is in the makings before that Dec 19th show ?!?

Cue in Tracy/Promisesbroken to start up the rumor mill......
:)
Sorry Todd - I've got nothin' this time. And if I did, I probably jinx it anyway! Just holding on til Dec. 19th! So is anybody planning on meeting up beforehand for beers or anything? It always bugs me knowing that so many of us are at the same show, but yet I've only met a couple of you. Anyone?

Tracy
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

LyndaleExile
Marionette

Post by LyndaleExile »

derickson wrote:
You might remember why if you get back in at the end of December... It usually has to do with this evil word... WINTER!!
Sadly I didn't move far enough away to escape winter. Note to self: Next time you move, move south or move home.