2010 Nov. 13th - Kurt Cobain Tribute, Aberdeen, WA

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
desirae
Inmate

Re: Soul Asylum and Kurt cobain!!

Post by desirae »

This couldnt come soon enough!!! I am so excited for this, hopefully ill get to meet u Jeff, u being a co-founder of such a great cause, and to have Soul Asylum just makes this whole thing better!!

Desirae- Sioux Falls SD

ghettogold
Inmate

Post by ghettogold »

I'm not able to buy tickets to the show online because I am in Canada and our postal code system is different, the gal at the theatre insists it won't sell out, but i wanna be right up front and usually very much need to have my ducks lined in a row for things, but i guess this will be a fly by the seat of my pants kinda thing. also driving my car there which will be its first real road trip under my ownership, the thing is 30 years old, so let's hope we make it.
sooooooo excited though.

desirae
Inmate

Post by desirae »

yay another person going, hopefully you'll get some good seats, im flying into Seattle on Friday from South Dakota, and driving to Aberdeen, Im so excited, I heard SA agreed to hang around after the show, and that they are flying there on their own expense which i think it pretty neat..

alb8ros
Stranger

Post by alb8ros »

i just got back from the 'lounge acts' concert and soul asylum was amazing. it had to be one of the best shows i have seen in years. i got choked up when they sang 'all apologies'. dave said they sang it in tokyo the day kurt died and they have not performed it since then - until tonight. needless to say they did an awesome job. i was blown away by the whole show. you guys are just incredible.

alb8ros
Stranger

Post by alb8ros »

desirae, i hope you made it!

desirae
Inmate

Post by desirae »

Yeah i made it, it was a great show, they played for a long time, i think a little over two hours, the all apologies cover was so neat, and it looked like dave was having fun and they sang their new songs, :) I loved the show, and it was all to a great cause

alb8ros
Stranger

Post by alb8ros »

what was that song they sang for the encore, about the solution? is that one of the new ones? i wish my camera hadn't died, i would have gotten video of that. dave sure is awesome on stage, hard to believe his age. they all are amazing.

Dave Ignorant
Lone Rider

Post by Dave Ignorant »

Sounds really good.

Hope the guys are coming back to the U.K. to do some shows soon. Maybe play some new songs.

Dave.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

alb8ros wrote:what was that song they sang for the encore, about the solution? is that one of the new ones? i wish my camera hadn't died, i would have gotten video of that. dave sure is awesome on stage, hard to believe his age. they all are amazing.
it sounds like the played final solution. This isn't an SA song, but a Pere Ubu (i think that's there name... Judith would know) song that they've played a handful of times over the past few years.

Phil

erocmann
Inmate

Post by erocmann »

alb8ros,

It does sound like their cover of "Final Solution" by Pere Ubu (you were correct on the band name Phil). If you decide you want to check out the original, don't expect the same song based on the way they played it in Biloxi. Pere Ubu is a "new wave" pop/punk band while the boy's cover stripped away the "new wave" and seriously punked the song up. I wish I could hear it again, but probably never will :cry: .