2010 Nov. 13th - Kurt Cobain Tribute, Aberdeen, WA

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Re: Soul Asylum and Kurt cobain!!

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Cool, thanks for sharing! Sounds like it was worth every penny to be there.

-Rob

ghettogold
Inmate

Post by ghettogold »

was i in some zoned out haze near the end? i don't recall them paying "summer of drugs". i do recall hearing someone in the crowd a couple people behind me call it out as a request and i thought to myself how cool that would be but did they really sing it? i don't think so.

desirae
Inmate

Post by desirae »

I dont think they played it either, i seen the set list and thought maybe i missed it, I really liked the Final Solution song!!

ghettogold
Inmate

Post by ghettogold »

I am certain they did not. but was it on their set list? I could kinda see the end of the song titles from where i was standing up front and did not notice it on there. that woulda been a treat.
how far did you travel desirae? hope you didn't eat at aberdeen's "mazatlan" that place was very disappointing for two starving girls.

desirae
Inmate

Post by desirae »

I came from Sioux Falls South Dakota, we flew into Seattle and rented a car to Aberdeen, it was always my dream to go to Seattle since i was young so they whole trip was amazing, but we didnt have time to do anything because we were always lost :lol: when we came to Aberdeen, we first went to North Shores to see the ocean and by the time we got back into Aberdeen we just stopped at Mcdonalds real fast, i took a picture of the Aberdeen sign and ended up slipping in a huge mud puddle and having to get a new pair of shoes, then i looked everywhere for the bridge, and it seemed like every street had a bridge in that town, but we did find it, in the pitch dark, so by the time i got to the concert, i was all wet and muddy, but the concert was great and I was reallly excited that we were allowed to stand up by the stage, Where did you come from? Did you stay after the concert? We were about the leave when Dave came out so we stayed and talked to him for awhile

ghettogold
Inmate

Post by ghettogold »

desirae wrote:I came from Sioux Falls South Dakota, we flew into Seattle and rented a car to Aberdeen, it was always my dream to go to Seattle since i was young so they whole trip was amazing, but we didnt have time to do anything because we were always lost :lol: when we came to Aberdeen, we first went to North Shores to see the ocean and by the time we got back into Aberdeen we just stopped at Mcdonalds real fast, i took a picture of the Aberdeen sign and ended up slipping in a huge mud puddle and having to get a new pair of shoes, then i looked everywhere for the bridge, and it seemed like every street had a bridge in that town, but we did find it, in the pitch dark, so by the time i got to the concert, i was all wet and muddy, but the concert was great and I was reallly excited that we were allowed to stand up by the stage, Where did you come from? Did you stay after the concert? We were about the leave when Dave came out so we stayed and talked to him for awhile
We came from Vancouver, B.C. Google maps said that the drive was 4 hours, but I swear it seemed almost as long of a drive as it was to Portland but in a different direction. If my best friend and driving companion had known how long the drive really was she never would have agreed.We didn't get in until right before the show either. I saw a couple on the side of the rode as we were arriving getting their picture with the sign and I was jealous, we didn't stop and it woulda been too much to do on the way home. We had a hotel room in Ocean Shores and after eating at the horrific Mazatlan, we started to drive out to find out hotel, but it seemed to be taking too long so we turned back.
In regards to standing at the front of the stage, I had a mini breakdown. My friend went for a walk and said she'd be back so I was alone and was curious and horrified about where I was sitting and had to go outside for a wk cos I couldn't bear the thought of having to watch them from where I was and sitting down. I seriously had to give myself a pep talk and how I could try and go to a show and NOT be right up front. Then when I went back, Sweetwater were about to go on and I was soooooo happy when people were standing up there. I had every intention of attempting to stand up there alone if need be, but was worried it wasn't allowed!When I saw Soul Asylum the first time in Snoqualmie I was threatened with a getting kicked out cos I was the only person standing up, singing along and having a good time. I didn't care if I was going to get kicked out!!!!
The show was great. I had to leave right after though cos my friend was tired and looking forward to our hot tub and pool at the Ramada, so I had to leave without telling the guys how great the set was, thanking Jeff for making sure I got my tickets and meeting fellow fans. Soul Asylum make me so very happy when I get to see them live.