New show date topic formatting & more

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Monolith Maniac
The Judge

New show date topic formatting & more

Post by Monolith Maniac »

I am currently in the process of renaming all prior topics of show dates in the On the Road forum section since the forum began into a specific format:

Year Month Date - Venue, Location

(2010 Dec. 17th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN)

I am doing this because I believe it will make for an easier access of these show threads when they become archived. Many topics were kind of lacking a good title name (i.e. "New Show" or just "date") so by making a uniform system it should help us find them easier, especially if they're buried a couple pages back.

I'll also be merging topics, whereas some had separate topics for upcoming info and other topics just for reviews.... I'd like to keep all "upcoming info, reviews, setlists, photos, videos, etc." all in one thread.

As for future threads, I'd appreciate if you follow the above format, or they will likely to be changed.

Thanks, and hope you find the new formatting to be useful. :)

(Remember you can still post any other stuff related to tour info with any name you like, I'm just changing names of threads specifically to do with upcoming show info/reviews/setlists.)
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

levybaxter
Runaway

Re: New show date topic formatting (in progress)

Post by levybaxter »

Thank you Jim for all your time and effort on this site. Also thanks to fans such as littletooclean for the wonderful videos and the regulars for their insightful and amusing comments. It makes my day to visit this sight and scroll through the new material. I am personally hoping we get some more shows in the upcoming months. Without Dave, Dan, Michael, Karl (RIP), Tommy, and the great substitute bass players none of this would be possible. On one other note, I choose a lyric a day to read, and contemplate, and I have come to the conclusion that Dave is a hell of a poet. Have a great day!

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

I just completed the show topic reformatting and while I believe it does make things look a lot nicer, I think it also makes using our forum's search engine come up with nicer looking results. For example, doing a query for the Mohegan Sun shows in the "On the Road" section really makes the results MUCH easier to read.

Here's also the one's related with First Avenue for the topic.

Hope you find it easier to navigate as well. :)

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Great job Jim! I didn't even think how the search results would appear, nice to see more positive results from the formatting.

Thanks!

-Rob

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Re: New show date topic formatting

Post by EasyStreet »

Monolith Maniac wrote: I'll also be merging topics, whereas some had separate topics for upcoming info and other topics just for reviews.... I'd like to keep all "upcoming info, reviews, setlists, photos, videos, etc." all in one thread.
a little bored are ya? :mrgreen:

Thanks though, I do see this as a being a benefit for finding threads when searching, like when I am looking for setlists for the archives
;)
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: New show date topic formatting

EasyStreet wrote:a little bored are ya? :mrgreen:
No, wasn't out of boredom, just something I wanted to do for a while, mainly for the benefit of everyone. Though I'll admit I started doing it the other night and didn't really want to stop since I was on a roll. :P

Glad you like it though; was my intention. :)

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: New show date topic formatting & more

As with the recent changes to the show topic reformatting, today we're also adding another little convenient addition to the show archive section. Now you will see a new column on the right hand side of the list. This column is for links to shows that have threads in the forum. Should you ever want a quick access to the thread pertaining to that show just click on it for more information.

Here's an example:
http://enterthesoulasylum.com/shows/2009/

I just want to point out that it only goes back as far as the forum/site has been active (Oct. 2007) due to there only being that many show topics, but we thought it'd be another nice addition to the site by making it quick and easy way to access the information about the archived shows.

Hope you like it; let us know what you think. ;)

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Re: New show date topic formatting & more

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Great idea, thanks Jim!