Dave playing in New Orleans during Mardi Gras?

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
desirae
Inmate

Dave playing in New Orleans during Mardi Gras?

Post by desirae »

Im on vacation here in New Orleans for Mardi Gras!! I wonder if Dave or Soul ASylum plays any shows here during Mardi Gras?

better late
Social Butterfly

Re: new orleans

Post by better late »

Hello everyone - this is my first time posting on this great board. Just had to get on to reply to this post:

I have not heard anything about an official appearance. However, for any surprise visits by Dave...check out Howlin' Wolf at 907 South Peters (downtown near the Convention Center) and/or dba at 618 Frenchmen St. in Bywater or other bars on Frenchmen.

There is so much good music going on in the city right now. Listen to WWOZ - 90.7 FM radio - they often announce who's playing where on that station.

Good luck and welcome to Mardi Gras!

desirae
Inmate

Post by desirae »

Thanks for the information..I can't help but to think about dave being here in New Orleans..lol..there is a lot of great music here..this is my first time in New Orleans and its a crazy place to be during Mardi Gras..also welcome to the board :D Thanks again for the info

better late
Social Butterfly

Post by better late »

You're welcome - hope something panned out for you. Thanks for the welcome to the board. Yes, Dave is (sometimes) here in New Orleans and has been known to show up places.

Hope you had a great time - yes, it is a crazy place - especially at Mardi Gras. We like to think of it as "unique" instead of crazy but...truth be told... lol...

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

Desirae, I don't know how long you are in New Orleans, but if you are in town through the weekend, I recommend going to see Meschiya Lake and the Little Big Horns at d.b.a. tomorrow (Friday). She's a retro-style jazz/blues singer with a voice that will knock your socks off. And the band is dynamite. It's also worth checking out John Boutte at d.b.a. on Saturday night.
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

desirae
Inmate

Post by desirae »

Thanks for the suggestions, but i came home today, i really like New Orleans, I would even consider moving there some day, I love how the whole city is all about music, i did do a city tour, which was amazing, and also a local gave me a another tour that took my be the old kingsway studio, as well as Truck Farm which i was excited about, I guess this person actually worked with Dave there, i did snap a few pictures, but we bascially just drove by looking at all the studios in town, again thanks for the suggestions and info, I take it both of you are from there, I plan on coming back, maybe not over Mardi Gras :lol: but I do love New Orleans!!!

better late
Social Butterfly

Post by better late »

So glad you enjoyed your visit here and got to see the studios. The Truck Farm is in an area of the city that declined after Katrina but is coming back. It is in the Truck Farm's backyard that Chaz Fest is held - it's in May and last time I checked the line-up wasn't up yet.

Hopefully, Soul Asylum will play the Gretna Fest in October for the 3rd year in a row and you can come down then...a fall visit would be great. Maybe we'll even have fall weather...lol.

BTW, yep, born and bred here...and, I also wanted to visit South Dakota - history freak. Take care.