2007 Dec. 28th - Cabooze, Mpls, MN (Dave & The Volunteers)

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
disilluzion
O'Jeezer

2007 Dec. 28th - Cabooze, Mpls, MN (Dave & The Volunteers)

Post by disilluzion »

Haven't seen this posted. A little copy/paste action from ticketmaster is below:
ticketmaster wrote:Dave Pirner and the Volunteers
Cabooze , Minneapolis, MN
Fri, Dec 28, 2007 08:30 PM
Additional Information:
This is a 21+ concert.
Doors open at 8:30 pm, show starts at 9:30 pm.
Special guests (subject to change) * TBA *
Can anyone fill me in on whom the volunteers are? (Or should that be "who"? Or do I even care?)

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Re: 12/28 Dave Pirner and the Volunteers

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

disilluzion wrote:Haven't seen this posted. A little copy/paste action from ticketmaster is below:
ticketmaster wrote:Dave Pirner and the Volunteers
Additional Information:
This is a 21+ concert.
Can anyone fill me in on whom the volunteers are? (Or should that be "who"? Or do I even care?)
It was posted in the "Related Bands" section. I think the "Volunteers" are a rotating cast of musicians that Dave knows and has worked with over the years, rather than a regular group of folks. But I suspect for this show, the lineup will be very similar to the group that played with him back in June. It's a pretty big backing band. There were 12 musicians onstage for the last show. Michael Bland was on drums, John (Woody) Woodland and Andrew Pierzina were on guitars (as well as Dave), Jeff Victor was on keyboards, Serge Akou was on bass, and Andra Suchy and Kip Blackshire did backup vocals. There was also a horn section, which was great. And George Scot McKelvey (SA bass player) even jumped in to play conga drum and tambourine on a couple of songs.

Dave does a mix of material from his solo album, some SA songs, and some cover songs. The June show was AWESOME. The biggest surprise for me was when they did "Artificial Heart."
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

disilluzion
O'Jeezer

12/28 Dave Pirner and the Volunteers

Post by disilluzion »

Cool, thanks for the info!

Related bands...I shoulda looked harder. Oh well, MODs, feel free to delete this duplicate thread if you so desire.
----- Original Message -----
To: forum_shows@enterthesoulasylum.com (forum_shows@enterthesoulasylum.com)
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2007 10:15 AM
Subject: Re: 12/28 Dave Pirner and the Volunteers

disilluzion wrote: Haven't seen this posted. A little copy/paste action from ticketmaster is below:

ticketmaster wrote: Dave Pirner and the Volunteers
Additional Information:
This is a 21+ concert.

It was posted in the "Related Bands" section. I think the "Volunteers" are a rotating cast of musicians that Dave knows and has worked with over the years, rather than a regular group of folks. But I suspect for this show, the lineup will be very similar to the group that played with him back in June. It's a pretty big backing band. There were 12 musicians onstage for the last show. Michael Bland was on drums, John (Woody) Woodland and Andrew Pierzina were on guitars (as well as Dave), Jeff Victor was on keyboards, Serge Akou was on bass, and Andra Suchy and Kip Blackshire did backup vocals. There was also a horn section, which was great. And George Scot McKelvey (SA bass player) even jumped in to play conga drum and tambourine on a couple of songs.

Dave does a mix of material from his solo album, some SA songs, and some cover songs. The June show was AWESOME. The biggest surprise for me was when they did "Artificial Heart."

Thirty-day guarantee, but they can't have meant me.

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

Homesick
Warden

Re: 12/28 Dave Pirner and the Volunteers

Post by Homesick »

disilluzion wrote:Can anyone fill me in on whom the volunteers are? (Or should that be "who"? Or do I even care?)
Yes, that should be "who". When in doubt, it's best to use "who", because that's accepted either way (nowadays, at least).

There was a little trouble with the subscriptions after we reset the forum. It works fine now, though, so your settings should stay the same from now on.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

disilluzion
O'Jeezer

12/28 Dave Pirner and the Volunteers

Post by disilluzion »

But if I were to write it out as "Can anyone fill me in on him" it would be "whom" because when using him/her "whom" is the appropriate substitute. If it comes to he/she then it would be "who". But since I am referring to the volunteers that could be interpreted as "they" which would be "who". So I think my brain hurts, but that's all right, we have the most confusing language in all of the world.

On 11/22/07, Homesick <forum_shows@enterthesoulasylum.com (forum_shows@enterthesoulasylum.com)> wrote:
disilluzion wrote: Can anyone fill me in on whom the volunteers are? (Or should that be "who"? Or do I even care?)
Yes, that should be "who". When in doubt, it's best to use "who", because that's accepted either way (nowadays, at least).

Jakob Kallin, webmaster of Enter the Soul Asylum.com

Down from the mountain, running wild through the trees
A crystal glimmer rolling along so effortlessly

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

getting this back on topic, opening acts have been announced for this show. They are "Janey and Marc".

Now whoever that is, they must be good to open up for Dave.
:wink: (oops, did I say that correctly?)
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

Marc and Janey! I saw them play at one of Jim Walsh's Hootenannies (you locals know what I'm talkin' about) a couple of months ago. Janey has a beautiful voice, and I just get giddy being in the same room as Marc Perlman! Can't wait!

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

yep, I was there too! :) That was a fun little gig! That was my first time being at Java Jacks with the new setup in the basement (furniture/stage wise)
PROMISESBROKEN wrote:Marc and Janey! I saw them play at one of Jim Walsh's Hootenannies (you locals know what I'm talkin' about) a couple of months ago.
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

disilluzion
O'Jeezer

Post by disilluzion »

norma023 wrote:Now whoever that is, they must be good to open up for Dave.
:wink: (oops, did I say that correctly?)
Yup, that's correct, and you know it is. You've had some kind of problem with me the last month or two and I don't know what it is but either let me know in private or just ignore my emails like you have been. Bottom line is keep the hostility out of these fourms.

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

My kid was the dancing, air-guitar playing 5-year-old skeleton-shirt boy in the front! :)
norma023 wrote:yep, I was there too! :) That was a fun little gig! That was my first time being at Java Jacks with the new setup in the basement (furniture/stage wise)
PROMISESBROKEN wrote:Marc and Janey! I saw them play at one of Jim Walsh's Hootenannies (you locals know what I'm talkin' about) a couple of months ago.