2007 Dec. 28th - Cabooze, Mpls, MN (Dave & The Volunteers)

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

philipgar wrote:
Well, I didn't necessarily mean shows that were announced, and no I don't really know about any of them down there. Dave probably doesn't know about half of them until he's playing. Even just counting "announced" shows, SA or Dave tend to do at least one a year, sometimes more down there. Compared with most of the country thats "a lot". Of course those of us in the midwest have been spoiled lately.

Phil
and actually i forgot all about the show they did in baton rouge, the same night they did chazfest. so that was two here. and i elected not to go to the baton rouge show because i wanted to see kermit ruffins instead. i'm not sure what i was thinking. he plays every week down the street from my house. soul asylum plays somewhat annually. i think that was a bad musical choice on my part. ah well.

so yeah anyway. you're right. they did two, and that's more than boston got this year....they got nothing.

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

Anyone with the band have any clue what time you guys will be going on? I have a friend who works late and wants to come but doesn't know whether or not to get a ticket.
"...and who is the hound at the downtown dog pound who speaks english when the watchman's not in sight?"

Moto Geek
Inmate

Dave's show @ Cabooze on Friday - roll call

Post by Moto Geek »

Who's going? **Raises Hand**

My ticket is my birthday present, so what a treat for a birthday present, huh?

Hope to meet some of you there! Say hi if you see me with my black & green Soul Asylum hat on. :shock:
"Standing in the sun with a popsicle - everything is possible!"

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

I'll be there!!!

Tracy

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

I'm there...well, not yet, but I will be.
"...and who is the hound at the downtown dog pound who speaks english when the watchman's not in sight?"

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

I'll be there. Really looking forward to it!
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

Asylunt
O'Jeezer

Post by Asylunt »

I should be there. Guy in Black Leather Trenchcoat and doo-rag, singing along the entire night.

Asylunt
O'Jeezer

Post by Asylunt »

Sorry for the double post, looks like I'm the first one home.

Show was great. I really enjoyed Tim O'Reagen and Marc & Janey and the nice Golden Smog moment with Danny. Thank you Woody for getting Dave to do "I Did My Best", I love that song as well. I really loved hearing Black Star and Artificial Heart.

I am not sure if anyone was able to grab a set list for the Volunteer set as Dave quickly grabbed them all up before I had a chance. It was a decent mix of his solo stuff, SA rarities, covers (Green Eyed Lady anyone?) and big band instrumentals and jams. It was fun and lively and I had a good Friday night for $18 ($10 for the ticket and $8 for the beers).

Horn sections kick ass! The desperate drunk 30 something woman heckling the band and repeating herself over and over, not so much.

I believe Woody Said they were playing again at Chuckles? on wednesday.

I might check that one out as well.

Judgmental Patient
Social Butterfly

Post by Judgmental Patient »

That does it. I'm moving to Minnesota.
What happened son, you could have been someone
You could have been much more

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

Awesome show...where else could you hear Frankenstein, Green Eyed Lady, I Did My Best...someone else will have to come up with a full set list.

Chuckles on Wednesday was a joke...Chuckles is a comedy club...they were joking around...lol. I think you were standing next to me. I was right in front of Dave.

Thank you Woody for taking me and Judith back to meet Dave...and thank you Dave for not only signing my cd, but giving me a story to go with it...lol.

A little note to anyone else who meets Dave and has him sign something...if he asks if you want it personalized...say yes....lol. Actually...I kind of like it the way it is...almost better like Judith said.

It was good to see everyone again and meet a few more of you. Moto Geek...I think I saw you next to Judith towards the end of the set but you disappeeared before I could say hi.