2011 June 18th - King Cat Theater, Seattle, WA (Cancelled)

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Re: 2011 June 18th - King Cat Theater, Seattle, Washington

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

chambo wrote:Soul Asylum has been my favourite band for 18 years and I am Australian. I have never seen them live!! Their last tour to Australia was in 1996 and I was under-age so couldn't get in despite having a ticket. Now my time has come. I have bought a plane ticket to Seattle and will be seeing them live for the first time. This will be one of the best moments of my life!!
Good for you!! I'm sure the band will not disappoint. I hope you have a FABULOUS time!
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

ghettogold
Inmate

Post by ghettogold »

chambo wrote:Soul Asylum has been my favourite band for 18 years and I am Australian. I have never seen them live!! Their last tour to Australia was in 1996 and I was under-age so couldn't get in despite having a ticket. Now my time has come. I have bought a plane ticket to Seattle and will be seeing them live for the first time. This will be one of the best moments of my life!!
wow, this is how it was for me back when i first started liking them too. then i saw them a few years ago after almost the same number of years of enjoying their music and it was amazing. wooooo hooooo. good to know there will be another person capable of saying that finally seeing soul asylum live could be one of the best moments in their lives.

ghettogold
Inmate

Post by ghettogold »

chambo,
i need to buy my ticket tomorrow. seems a few bands are opening now, so it may require some maneuvering to get front and center, but i'm up for the feat. see you there, i am sure we will both be giddy as can be and it will be obvious that we are the message board folks.
excited for you. i kinda wanna bring my video camera, but i never know what places would be ok and where it would be taken away.

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

ghettogold wrote:i kinda wanna bring my video camera, but i never know what places would be ok and where it would be taken away.
Just bring it anyway and find out about the taping policy. They can't take it if you're not using it.

ghettogold
Inmate

Post by ghettogold »

AlyssaJones wrote:
ghettogold wrote:i kinda wanna bring my video camera, but i never know what places would be ok and where it would be taken away.
Just bring it anyway and find out about the taping policy. They can't take it if you're not using it.
thanks Alyssa, likely will, but because I don't have anyone who wants to come see soul asylum with me, will likely be taking the greyhound as i only have my learners and can't drive alone. so that means no trunk to stash it in if it's denied. ahhhh the lengths i will go to, well worth it though.

Ted_Walker
Stranger

Post by Ted_Walker »

When you get to the venue, show security your passport and tell them to call for me on the radio....

I'm going to personally see to it that you make it backstage to meet the band.

Ted

Ted_Walker
Stranger

Post by Ted_Walker »

ghettogold wrote:chambo,
i need to buy my ticket tomorrow. seems a few bands are opening now, so it may require some maneuvering to get front and center, but i'm up for the feat. see you there, i am sure we will both be giddy as can be and it will be obvious that we are the message board folks.
excited for you. i kinda wanna bring my video camera, but i never know what places would be ok and where it would be taken away.

The venue doesn't have a no-taping policy, but we adhere to each performer's stipulations in their contract.

This show requires no pro equipment, camera phones only, without a photo pass. And the photo pass is for the first 3 songs only.

Ted

Rikk
Brand New Shine

Post by Rikk »

Ted, I host a podcast called "The B Sidez" on www.renegaderetro.com, I will be at the show interviewing Falling Blind, a Very Talented Band.
I have been in your venue a few times, and can honestly say you aren't lying, Every seat is a choice seat.
I'd like to finially meet you as I did not have the opportunity at the Black Light Circus show where I was intervieiwing Super Geek League and Noel Austins Phreak Show

Ted_Walker wrote:Hello everyone, I'm the talent buyer who booked Soul Asylum for the June 18th show at my venue in Seattle.

The seating chart on our website is misleading, as all ove the seats in the floor area have been removed.

So the floor holds over 600 standing, with another 600 seats in the upper level.

Not a bad seat in the house.

If anyone has any questions about this show I'll be happy to answer them, and then of course post pics afterwards.

Hope to see you there!!

Ted
King Cat Theater

Ted_Walker
Stranger

Post by Ted_Walker »

REGRET TO INFORM EVERYONE THE SEATTLE DATE HAS BEEN CANCELLED

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

What??? Why? That's the third date they've cancelled! Please furnish a reason if you can. People are gonna be mad about this and they'll want to know what happened.