2011 July 9th - Babes Music Bar Tent Party, Lakeville, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
desirae
Inmate

Re: 2011 July 9th - Babes Music Bar Tent Party, Lakeville, M

Post by desirae »

Miss Fit, your pictures are great, alot better than the ones i took, i did take a picture of the setlist, and will post them today, by looking at your pictures we had to be standing by each other. crazy. Last nights show was ......different for me, Is it bad to say i was a little disappointed, i love Soul Asylum and they sounded great but it just wasnt my favorite

desirae
Inmate

Post by desirae »

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

Desirae, I'm so sorry you were disappointed! How so? I really enjoyed it -- good set (I'm happy that Easy Street is back in the set, and always enjoy hearing Closer to the Stars and Never Really Been); good energy (despite the sweltering heat!); plenty of interesting, spontaneous bits (Dave explaining his lyrics; the impromptu "i" song; the cover of "Dreams"); and a packed crowd that was really into the show. But I know how subjective everything is.

I was up front on the Tommy side (not my usual spot!) between a girl with red hair and a guy with a baseball cap. Where were you? Sorry we didn't connect.
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

awesome photo's!! God I swear that was my viewing point as well! So how many others were up front and we didn't know each other?? Desirae, did you try to jump on to the stage to reach a setlist right after the show ended by chance?

Good show though I thought. We had 3 impromptu songs, Dreams which I've never heard them play before, all the other usual songs being played these days, and let's see, the Marionette/Easy Street openers were top notch in my books! And right when they were going to play the very last encore song, which I believe was going to be Stand Up and Be Strong, Dave walked over to Tommy and said something to him, then they ripped into My Generation instead! Tore it up too!

Too bad the venue staff/cities finest ushered us out promptly after the music ended though.

So good show in my books, now on to wait until I can see them again......
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

desirae
Inmate

Post by desirae »

i wish i would have know who you two were, it would be cool to meet people from here. Hopefully next time, Miss Fit, i think i seen you, just because where you said you were standing, i was right in front of Dave, i was wearing a black Soul Asylum shirt, Easystreet, no i didnt grab the setlist, but i did make the girl infront of me take a picture of it, for this site..lol
I shouldnt say i was disapointed, it was just so hot, i was miserable, i think the band was too, plus i was so bummed that they didnt sing Stand Up and be Strong and esp Oxygen, that is my favorite song, and i seen it on the setlist, and it seemed like Dave had a mind of his own last night..lol, it was funny and i know thats how dave is, but he seemed totally on a different page that everyone, he laughed (which is good) throughout the whole show because he forgot so many lyrics and would mess up on verses, i thought it was funny that it seemed to be songs like Misery other than into the lights and gravity...But all in all, it looked like Dave was having fun, laughing and smiling, although whoever was taping the show was right behind me and Dave was pretty mad, which i understand, but he chewed his *ss, so if anyone ever wondered if you can tape the show, the answer is NO, and was that Karen that was on stage? also before they came out Dave came out on stage, and ripped a sign or a beer logo from the front of the stage and then walked back ...do you guys know what that was about? Yeah i think it sucked that the cops pushed us out right after the last song, this was the only time that i didnt get to meet Dave so i think thats why i was bummed too, then we have to drive 4 hours :lol:

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

That was Kim, the manager, who came out on stage. They gave that guy fair warning when they asked him to stop videotaping the first time. I can't believe that he started doing it again. In light of the fact that they had already asked him to stop, I think it was totally reasonable that Dave called Security over.

As for the beer logo, I was wondering myself what that was about. I didn't see what brand it was, but I seem to recall another show where they covered up a giant logo behind the stage.

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

Looks and sounds like it was a great show.
Great photos!!! Wish Patty and I could have made it.

As far as Dave taking down the banner thing - I've seen that done a couple of time's and I think it's a case of your not sponsoring me and I'm not going have this damn banner up for you. But that's just a guess.

http://www.thisweeklive.com/2011/07/10/ ... an-o-prog/

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

ok, after 1 wash cycle, this is what I make out from my notes:

Thank You (Sly and the Family Stone)
Marionette
Easy Street
Somebody To Shove
Misery > Silly Love Songs
Lately
Whatcha Need
Black Gold
Impromptu song (about Karl and Bob Stinson)
Leave Without A Trace
When I Ran Off and Left Her
Gravity
Cartoon
Gone Til November (power/lights went out just before the songs kicks into high gear)
Into The Lights
Cuz I Got High (has SA ever played this before?)
Never Really Been
Runaway Train
Closer To The Stars
stage banter
Just Like Anyone
Dream (Fleetwood Mac, most of the song at least)
My Generation
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

Thanks for the set list!

Only two additions: After the power went out, Dave sang one verse of "Mercedes Benz." He said he knew three verses and we would get one each time the power went out. And then I can't remember when in was in the set, but he did that silly iPad/iPhone...no i in team" song.

As for "I Got High," they did that at Viper Alley. This time Dave censored himself by stopping short of the line that raised a few eyebrows in Lincolnshire.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Miss Fitt 2 wrote:As for "I Got High," they did that at Viper Alley. This time Dave censored himself by stopping short of the line that raised a few eyebrows in Lincolnshire.

Here's the performance of that video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKWwsyB3Lnk[/youtube]

They've played the song numerous times before that, especially shortly after the original song was released in 2000.

----
Just checked the archive, first time it was played (that we got on record) was in 2002 (at one of Dave's solo shows).
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com