2011 Oct. 15th - HMV Forum, London, England (Canceled)

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
sarc
Marionette

2011 Oct. 15th - HMV Forum, London, England (Canceled)

Post by sarc »

Well who'da thunk it, it's been way to long but they're finally coming back to the UK for what seems to be a one of date in October on the 15th at the Forum (my favourite venue)
Here's a link for tickets.
http://www.stargreen.com/event/soul-asy ... -oct_30061

I'm currently bouncing round my room I'm that happy and I've already fallen over twice. Wouldn't be so bad but I'm a 31 year old bloke.

andrewttw
Inmate

Re: They're finally coming back to the UK

Post by andrewttw »

Don't know how I missed this post the other day but I only discovered they were finally coming back to the UK earlier today when I was checking dates on Pollstar!

My reaction when I discovered it was exactly the same as yours sarc & coincidentally I'm also a 31 year old bloke!

I'm planning to make a weekend of it, Soul Asylum in London on the Saturday night then take the Eurostar train under the English channel to see them in Brussels on the Sunday (It's only a 2 hour train journey now!)

With tickets already on sale this needs to be added to the Tour dates on this website, strangely enough the Brussels show which was announced ages ago & is listed on this here, doesn't appear to be on sale yet and in fact there's still no mention on the venues website.

EL DANGEROSO
Social Butterfly

Post by EL DANGEROSO »

im excited for soul asylum fans in the UK.sometime's we in the US take there concert's for granted (i'll just wait till they play closer to me).so when was the last time SA played the UK?

sarc
Marionette

Post by sarc »

Andrew, the jumping round the room thing gets worse, I did the same last year when Third Eye Blind announced they where playing the UK only difference is I tripped over my chair and managed to break my foot but didnt know for a month and was walking round on it wondering why it was still hurting.

Anyways back on topic my girlfriend and I are planning to do Brussels aswell, she's used to my mental and over the top ideas so was expecting me to ask if we could do the Belgium show to but she found herself suggesting it to me before I mentioned it. She's now worried she's turning into me.

spodiba
Social Butterfly

Post by spodiba »

Aaaaaaaa, you lucky bastards! :D I won't be able to go :cry:

Hey, guys, why not do the whole European tour? Please, come to Croatia! You've never been here :o ever!

alleycattus
Marionette

Oct 15th 2011 - HMV Forum, London, UK

Post by alleycattus »

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet, but it looks like they've added a show in London at the HMV Forum the night before the Brussels show:

http://venues.meanfiddler.com/the-forum ... te=2011-10

Seems like tickets are already on sale. Lucky British fans!

sarc
Marionette

Re: UK show Oct 15

Post by sarc »

My tickets have already been purchased.

ARRRGGHH Damn you Closer, you got there seconds ahead of me you swine. ;)

alleycattus
Marionette

Re: Oct 15th 2011 - HMV Forum, London, UK

Post by alleycattus »

Sorry for the duplicate post - gets confusing when show dates are in the general discussion and not the on the road section, I guess. Plus, I didn't see it listed in the upcoming dates. As long as people know about it that's the main thing.

Which of course leads me to another topic that I'm pretty sure has been discussed here before - if SA management list this as the official band website, why aren't they making sure to send show information to be posted here? Seems like a lot of the information comes from fans. In a somewhat related vein - I don't really go to Myspace anymore, but I just went to the SA page there, and if you were only going to that site, you'd think the band had NO upcoming shows. I realize that Myspace isn't as popular as it used to be, but I mean it's free advertising...

Closer
Social Butterfly

Re: Oct 15th 2011 - HMV Forum, London, UK

Post by Closer »

As far as I know, management does send information to the folks that run this site, but maybe the UK gig isn't officially confirmed or it just hasn't been updated yet.

And yeah... they should update myspace too, it's not much work, and I'm sure that there are people that don't come to this site and still use myspace for that kind of information.

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Re: 2011 Oct. 15th - HMV Forum, London, England

Post by AlyssaJones »

The management always makes sure to send the show info here. Whenever they send Jim the information, he puts it up here as soon as possible.

If a show gets announced by a fan on here who got it from another source (like Google news, Ticketmaster, a venue's website, etc) and it takes a few days to show up on the upcoming show listings, it's just because the management didn't get around to confirming it until then. Their manager probably has about 20 other bands he deals with, so if it takes a little while for something to come up, it's not because he doesn't care, he's probably just busy with his other bands and he can't do everything at once.

Just because information sometimes comes from fans first, it doesn't mean it's not coming from the management too. Show dates on this site do not get listed until Jim gets an email from the management telling him to do so. There could be a hundred new dates on Pollstar or Ticketmaster or whatever, and they won't be posted here unless the management has sent word that they're confirmed.

Both the management and Jim do the best they can to get information to the fans as soon as possible.