2011 Oct. 15th - HMV Forum, London, England (Canceled)

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
wakeyboarder
Marionette

Re: 2011 Oct. 15th - HMV Forum, London, England - Canceled

Post by wakeyboarder »

I am os fooked off by this cost me about 200 quid traqin fares , hotel bookin etc wasted money totally!!!!

wakeyboarder
Marionette

Post by wakeyboarder »

sorry about the misspelling but these cancellations seem to be common with them now.

darren
Lone Rider

Post by darren »

I cant believe they have cancelled the london gig , have waited 18 years to see them and have already payed travel and hotel which i cant get back , we couldnt afford to go anyway but had left ourselves short in order to see my favourite band , I live in the north east of england and was gonna travel nearly 8 hours on the bus but now have no reason to use these tickes , an explanation would be nice dont think this is a good way to treat loyal fan who have been buying youre records for 20 years !!!!!!

sarc
Marionette

Post by sarc »

I can't help but think it's actually to do with poor ticket sales than scheduling conflicts. Would you want to travel all that way and play to a small number of people?
While I'm disappointed I can see why they did it so I certainly don't hold it against them

wakeyboarder
Marionette

Post by wakeyboarder »

I certainly think it is poor ticket sales, I have got a refund from my room 90 quid and ticket money back but will loose 60 quid on train fares. Will have to take the hit , I think they should of took the hit as well poor ticket sales or not a lot of fans have been waiting a longtime for this and a lot travelling a long way. I don't buy the excuse either as it is hardly as if their tour diaries are jam packed and thay have a history of cancelling recently.

If it did get rescheduled I don't think I could put my trust in them playing enough to buy a ticket again. Really sad about this been playing them non sotp for weeks, still love them but as others have said gutted about this.

darren
Lone Rider

Post by darren »

I am the same dont know if i could risk losing money again if they reschedule , at the end of the day we were prepared to travel over 8 hours by bus to see them i think a flight from America takes bout the same time , howway Dave and Dan once in so many years wouldnt have been to much to ask like , i really think they should have honoured the gig or moved it to a smaller venue if ticket sales were poor , i feel so let dow by a band a have always loved feels like a right smack in the face like !!
Had just got my girlfriend obsessed with the band aswell and we have been constantly listening together for months she was in tears this morning !
p.s how did you get your ticket money back i rang this morning and was told i would need to wait to be called back !

wakeyboarder
Marionette

Post by wakeyboarder »

I got email today from tickwtweb saying It was cancelled.and I would get a refund. I am sure u will get money back from whoever u bought tickets from .

nicholanix
Brand New Shine

Post by nicholanix »

I got my tickets ages ago via the hmv site haven't recieved notification of london gig being cancelled yet, bit concerned has anyone else brought their tickets via hmv ? need less to say i am totally gutted at the cancellation of this gig words cannot describe :shock: :cry: :(

oxygen909
Runaway

Post by oxygen909 »

I am very very very very... disappointed. I live in Poland and I have already booked plane tickets and ticket for a concert. I do not know if I get my money back. But the biggest problem is that I won’t see my band !!!!!!!!!!!! I do not know what is the reason of canceling the show. I have been waiting for Soul Asylum since I saw them for the very first time on MTV 120 Minutes in 1992. I have just lost last hope to see them ever.................

Dazza
Brand New Shine

Post by Dazza »

Hmmm... would have been nice to get notification from someone other than an automated ticket seller email.

Me and others will be out of pocket, even with just the tickets I don't get the booking fee or postage back... Why should we pay.

Also can we have a real reason?? If it is actually scheduling conflicts what came up in the short time before I gig your fans waited 16 years for that was so important you cancelled?

Its insulting, give a real reason.

If its due to ticket sales in reality you cannot expect to sell out somewhere like the HMV forum if you havent even played in a country for 16 years.