2011 June 25th - Taste of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
crawl
Social Butterfly

Re: 2011 June 25th - Taste of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois

Post by crawl »

About a mile from Union and Ogilvie Stations (sp?) 6-8 blocks straight down Van Buren or Adams. L stop on Michigan just a few blocks (Art Institiute exit). Hope you guys make it. Will look for you. Reasonable parking lot between Dearborn and Plymouth. 1 block South of Congress. Near Dearborn Station. A bit of a walk but not usually too crowded there.

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

We are on the way.
Wearing my "Can't Feel the Beating" 1990 shirt.
Should be a great day for a show!

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

Great day for a show, the weather was perfect.The band looked to be having a fun time even if a lot of people didn't show up.
Not sure if that was because of the one week notice of the show or what but it was still a great show.
At the end of the show during "Stand Up And Be Strong" Dave jumped off the stage and was walking around on his wireless Mic singing and shaking hands saying "Thank You" to everyone in the front rows. It was pretty funny !
And it's always a fun time meeting up with everyone!!
I'll see some of you in Indianapolis.

Setlist - Not in order:

Marionette
Into The Light
Gravity
Lately
Cartoon/ Gone Til November
Easy Street
When I Ran of A Left Her
Misery
Black Gold
Runaway Train
Never Really Been
Closer To The Stars
Just Like Anyone
Stand Up And be Strong

I may be missing a few:

Here's a few pix from my cell phone - that's all I had.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LndOAe002l0[/youtube]

mrsromek
Inmate

Post by mrsromek »

Thanks for sharing! I never made it up there-very difficult to find a babysitter in 24 hours. I will be at the Sheffield Garden show for sure.

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

OMG what a great night!! Too much fun! My very happy face was on all night. Great crowed, whole place was great, what a venue. Semi feels like they are playing in my back yard, but what a skyline in the background. Weather was assume, not too hot, great clouds, and seagulls. They were having too much fun too, at one point I think Dave was in a ball on the stage wrapped in guitar cords. Not the ones that make noise. Ok realitively. BTW butt cracks do not look good on anyone. If elected fashion police, I would get rid of boob cracks too.

Wish you could have made it Phil, will look into the summerfest dates. Missing the Jayhawks next week as we will be in IN. However, means I will make the IN show so, it all good. Thanks for the pics Mike they look great.

Can't remember when I last saw a show introduced at the taste, or most any other venue in Chicago, not introduced by XRT. Don't they have an Emmanual connection... I think they do.

Down side of the night, for some bizarre reason they did not do the lights on the fountain. Park is closed. But wait, every Friday and Sat. the light show goes on, not tonight we need people to leave. HMMM. If I had know that I would have gone to the top of the cock. And now everyone is mad at me cause I made them wait a half an hour for something that did not happen.

Up side, Casey's on Dearborn, great beer. Popcorn and pizza to soak it up, and a parking space right next door.

Regrets, I will never again get a set list.

Best moments: rare earth, cartwheels,sign language interpreters on stage, Friends, Music Marrionnet opener. Listening to the guitars play....

Barty2000
Marionette

Post by Barty2000 »

Wow, your phone takes great pictures. I'd post mine but pictures done in crayon look better. I have some on my camera I 'll post if they are any good.

I was suprised by the small crowd. It meant really good seats though. ;)

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Ying Yang, don't know why there are not more people who know about this but, if more people knew.... Maybe I would not think I was in heaven.