2011 Sept. 10th - Norwalk Oyster Fest, Norwalk, Connecticut

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
topiratti
Inmate

Re: 2011 Sept. 10th - Norwalk Oyster Fest, Norwalk, Connecti

Post by topiratti »

thanks rreboog, but i would have no way of getting there, or back, hopefully i can see them soon :(
Image are of baby rats my female gave birth too ;D

NJ Misery
Inmate

Post by NJ Misery »

reboog711 wrote:You could always take our guest room for one or two nights; but you'd still have to figure out how to get here [and how to eat].

Does anyone know if they'll be playing a full set; or will it be a "Festival style shortened set?" Seems like many of the shows I've been to recently have 60-70 minute sets which often feel mighty short.
the fest site says it runs until 11pm so I am hoping that they play until at least 10:30. That would be 90 min and then they can start to get people outta there. What a nightmare it'll be though getting to the shuttle buses and then back to our cars. Ugh!

reboog711
Social Butterfly

Post by reboog711 »

If anyone feels so inspired to find me; I'll be the one with "The Flextras Zombie" on his shirt:

https://www.flextras.com/assets/zombie/FlextraGuy-0.png

Unless I put on my gray sweater, in which case you won't be able to see the Flextras Zombie

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

Fun show! It was good to see Judith, Rob, Mary, Ken, and Kenn again. Thanks to Rob for letting me keep the set list. :)

Setlist:

Somebody to Shove-after this Dave called out this little girl who was screaming her heart out and the guys joked that it wasn't a Jonas Brothers show. Later Dave gave the girl a guitar pick.

Marionette-Dedicated to some of Dave's favorite fans!
All is Well
Lately-included a brief debate over whether the moon was full, waxing, or waning.

Black Gold-along with Lately, dedicated to real American heroes
Without a Trace-dedicated to spiritual advisor Karl Mueller
New World-replaced To My Own Devices in the set
Whatcha Need-needs included oysters, funnel cake, ice cold beer, and a drum solo

Cartoon
Gone Till November
Oxygen
Into the Light
Never Really Been-Where will you be in 2023?
Runaway Train
Closer to the Stars
Gravity
Just Like Anyone
Amazing Grace
Misery with Silly Love Songs at the end
brief reggae jam with a few lines of Because I got High
Rhinestone Cowboy
Stand Up and Be Strong (encore)

Stranger was on the printed out setlist but not played, so I guess it was replaced with Closer to the Stars.

reboog711
Social Butterfly

Post by reboog711 »

I caught the tail end of a sound check where they actually played Stranger. I don't think I ever heard it played live, but am not sure. Dave wasn't around, though, so no vocals. Someone else was on the guitar; perhaps the guitar tech.

Awesome show... lots of fun. I'll try to get my recording up to DropBox tomorrow. It's fair quality; the levels seem a bit low. ( I was overly cautious because the last show I recorded all the levels came out too hot w/ Distortion )

TForce
Brand New Shine

Post by TForce »

I dont know who caught it, but I sure did. At the end of the show when Dave was saying he had a couple of things he wanted to say......one of them was "Listen, I want you to know, I want you to know you have been a dynamite audience and you deserve to give yourself a round of applause lets go".............He was quoting what Paul Stanley says on KISS Alive right before they go into "Rock N Roll all night". AWESOME.

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

The last time I heard Rhinestone Cowboy and Stranger (if you count tonight's soundcheck) was 9/12/99, almost exactly 12 freakin' years ago!

Rhinestone Cowboy MP3

Stranger Instrumental Soundcheck MP3

reboog711
Social Butterfly

Post by reboog711 »

Here's a link to my master recording:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7170790/SoulAsy ... stival.zip

It is a wav file; not chopped up. I had an equipment failure at the very beginning; so had to restart the unit; which means it cuts into Somebody to Shove; but I was quick, so only a few seconds are missing.

Hopefully someone can take the time to turn this into mp3s or flacs.

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

Awesome show!! I had SUCH a great time. And I agree with Dave's remark about "favorite fans" -- I always love seeing the Connecticut gang. :)

I was worried about Dave's voice at the beginning of the set because it sounded like he had strained it. But it held up for the show. I just hope he didn't hurt himself in the process.

"Marionette" continues to be a highlight for me; "Gravity" has become one of my favorites; and hearing "Closer to the Stars" is always pure magic.

"Rhinestone Cowboy" was also a real treat. Dave does such an amazing job with that song.

Dave's interaction with the audience was also very special. I hope he and the rest of the band had as good a time as we did.
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Agreed, Dave's voice was pretty shot. I'm surprised they didn't thrown more Dan songs or covers into the set, to give Dave a little break.