2011 Sept. 10th - Norwalk Oyster Fest, Norwalk, Connecticut

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
NJ Misery
Inmate

Re: 2011 Sept. 10th - Norwalk Oyster Fest, Norwalk, Connecti

Post by NJ Misery »

Soul Asylum were cool but c'mon, that lip synchin' opening act kid Ashan, stole the whole nite! :lol:

reboog711
Social Butterfly

Post by reboog711 »

Ashan might have potential as an R&B artist; the music wasn't so bad, but the performance was clearly of someone who didn't have their act together yet.

I might have enjoyed it more if he had a band; and no pre-recorded vocals. I couldn't tell if he was singing at all or if it was just his voice doubled (tripled) on the backing track.

The fact that he was introduced as "Bringing the real music back" or something like that was laughable; since it was pre-recorded music.

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

reboog711 wrote:Here's a link to my master recording:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7170790/SoulAsy ... stival.zip

It is a wav file; not chopped up. I had an equipment failure at the very beginning; so had to restart the unit; which means it cuts into Somebody to Shove; but I was quick, so only a few seconds are missing.

Hopefully someone can take the time to turn this into mp3s or flacs.

Sounds like it was another great show!
As far as the recording goes I did a little EQ on it and split it up into flac files.

Also if you wanted to check out Dave's acoustic show the night before in St. Paul, MN that is also available.

http://littletooclean.webstarts.com/2001-2011.html
Bottom of page

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Oh, this guy?

I looked up "Ashan singer" on google (because Ashan alone will turn up a million results not him), and it said "Are you sure you don't mean Asian Singer?" Ha ha...

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

One thing I forgot to mention that was both annoying and mildly amusing was that there were people yelling for Runaway Train, who continued to do so after it was played.

Long before either RT or Misery were played, the people behind us kept yelling for these songs, to the point where Dan commented, "Rome wasn't built in a day, we'll get to it."

topiratti
Inmate

Post by topiratti »

Sounded like it was a blast! There will be more SA shows, I haven't given up yet to seeing them live. Did anyone try the oysters?
Image are of baby rats my female gave birth too ;D

marionette
Runaway

Post by marionette »

Sounds like y'all had a great time, wish I could have been there. Especially since Michael finally figured out what we needed! So that is where a the "Dynamite audience" comes from. Ice cold gin... makes me want to grin!

Agree that Cowboy and stranger are huge highlights. Still miss Close, while I know more folks like Closer to the Stars. But I am so close...

Except to figuring out the download stuff. Will try again and think it is assume that you guys are sharing it. If I just had 12 more hours a day...

Computer... Oh a key board how quaint!

:D :D :D For the East Coast contingent!

marionette
Runaway

Post by marionette »

that was awesome that you are sharing not assume... really like the leg room...I mean length.