2012 April 29th - Jazz Fest 2012, New Orleans, LA (Dave)

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Re: 2012 April 29th - Jazz Fest 2012, New Orleans, LA (Dave)

Post by AlyssaJones »

Cool, sounds like it was a good little show. I wish I could've been there. If anyone reading this took videos, please share them!

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

No videos, but here are a few pics:

Better Late, I'm sorry we didn't get to meet. I started talking to a woman that I thought was you, but it wasn't... and then I didn't want to risk losing my spot in that crowd!

Fun show -- and cool to see Dave, Alex, and Susan on stage together. (Poor Susan when her lyric sheets blew away!)
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

better late
Social Butterfly

Post by better late »

Highlights from this show will be aired on YouTube today at 5:10 pm, CST.

Check it out here:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/05/w ... fest-2012/

Hope all is well!

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Sweet, thanks for passing along that info! I'm definitely tuning in.

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

great stuff, thanks for posting the link!
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Watched the whole thing. Dave didn't sing much, but he looked pretty good up there doin' it!

better late
Social Butterfly

Post by better late »

Glad you caught it. He did sing two more songs, however, they weren't included in the "highlights" they decided to air.

I just listened to a rebroadcast on you tube, through that site, so they may be running it for awhile. (Although I should be sleeping - having to face culture shock tomorrow when I have to return to work after a week's vacation - but it was a great week and the price you gotta pay and all that... :)

There is also another on you tube - go to you tube and search for Alex Chilton Tribute at Jazz Fest 2012.

(Proper search on you tube: "Hey! Little Child - Alex Chilton Tribute @ Jazz Fest 2012". Dave and his guitars did not get along well during this song.)

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

I found that Susan Cowsill woman to be a tad annoying though. She talks way too much as it is, and when Dave was singing In the Street she tried doing back up vocals but didn't know the right words. She was going "wish we had a joint so bad" (wrong) while Dave was saying "not a thing to do but talk to you" (right). That's the second verse, sweetheart. Let the boy with the lyrics sheet handle it.

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

AlyssaJones wrote:I found that Susan Cowsill woman to be a tad annoying though. She talks way too much as it is, and when Dave was singing In the Street she tried doing back up vocals but didn't know the right words. She was going "wish we had a joint so bad" (wrong) while Dave was saying "not a thing to do but talk to you" (right). That's the second verse, sweetheart. Let the boy with the lyrics sheet handle it.
Susan is awesome, but I agree that the chatter can get annoying. I went to see her once at Carrollton Station when she and her band were performing two classic albums in their entirety. Three hours into the set, they hadn't made it through the first album yet!

As far as her messing up the lyric, she was probably just trying to be authentic to Dave's lyrical style. ;)
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden