2012 July 20th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
ghettogold
Inmate

Re: 2012 July 20th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

Post by ghettogold »

i hope to attend, but am all the way in vancouver, bc, so it may take a miracle. flights are so freakin' expensive! any tips much appreciated!

LyndaleExile
Marionette

Post by LyndaleExile »

I'll be seeing you all at this show! I'll be bringing some friends with me, too.

Asylunt
O'Jeezer

Post by Asylunt »

I have an extra ticket to this show, was hoping to find a date or take a friend but I am having no luck yet in finding someone who will enjoy it and I can be my Freakish self dancing around up front. Sell at face value, it is a will call so you'd have to meet me there. Unless any single female fans wanna hang out together that evening, then the ticket is free. No, sex is not expected, but maybe chatting and drinks before or after. It's mostly so I can say I took a date, heh. Well let me know if anyone needs an extra ticket.
Would you look into my eyes if I were to go blind?

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

One more week!

Does anyone know what the door times for this and the Entry show are? First Avenue's site says 8:00 for both, but that's the show time and the door time is an hour prior, right? Idk, someone enlighten me. There was a bit of confusion at the 2010 holiday show and a few toes were lost to the cold. Okay, not really, but still.

Also, does anyone know if they're having openers either night? I don't usually care much for the openers, but I was still curious since the site says "with" but doesn't actually list anyone, and most of the other shows on the calendar have their openers listed.

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

so I got my ticket for this show today, from the Fetus, but they are no longer printing the usual (with sparkly sprinkle things) tickets anymore? And now they are using a more generic looking ticket from e-tix?!? I definitely prefer the original style they've been using for years, but I wonder if this is cheaper for them and in the big picture, it's saving them bucket loads of $$ ?
IMAG0160.jpg
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

EasyStreet wrote:so I got my ticket for this show today, from the Fetus, but they are no longer printing the usual (with sparkly sprinkle things) tickets anymore? And now they are using a more generic looking ticket from e-tix?!? I definitely prefer the original style they've been using for years, but I wonder if this is cheaper for them and in the big picture, it's saving them bucket loads of $$ ?
IMAG0160.jpg
I don't know how long First Avenue has been using them (I remember I had used Ticketmaster), but I know if you look on their site (left side of the page) to purchase tickets it says e-tix is "First Avenue's New Ticket Provider", so maybe that's why? If not, of course its cheaper for them... anything that has to do with the words "sparkly sprinkles" usually isn't.

----
Oh, looky here, although its from last year, maybe that was why they went bye bye. :cry:

http://first-avenue.com/blog/2011/03/etix-announce
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

the sparkly tickets were actual First Ave printed tickets, not TM printed ones, but related none-the-less.

I know all about the etix deal. This venue is local to me so word spreads quickly around town. :mrgreen:

I guess the last time I bought tickets beforehand was in Jan 2011, and the older style tickets were still being used then.

These new tickets are blah that's for sure!
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

Moto Geek
Inmate

Post by Moto Geek »

See ya'll tonight and tomorrow night!

-Aron
"Standing in the sun with a popsicle - everything is possible!"

Flipstain
Stranger

Post by Flipstain »

I also booked a deal on Hotwire, 4* hotel in downtown Minneapolis for $65 a night. This is my first time seeing a show at 1st Ave and am super-excited! For those in the know, what would be a good time to show up before hand? Also, the hotel I'm staying at, Hilton Towers, looks to be within walking distance. I'm thinking maybe a 15-20 minute walk?

praukar
Runaway

Post by praukar »

i doubt the band reads this, but if so and taking requests....here are two:

tell me how you get that "brand new shine" you must polish all the time!

love the new album, "the streets" is already one of my favorite SA songs of all time.