2012 July 28th - Hoyt Lakes Water Carnival, Hoyt Lakes, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Monolith Maniac
The Judge

2012 July 28th - Hoyt Lakes Water Carnival, Hoyt Lakes, MN

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Saturday, July 28th, 2012

Hoyt Lakes Water Carnival
Hoyt Lakes, Minnesota 55750

Showtime: 11:00pm-12:30am

http://www.hoytlakescarnival.com/bands.php
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

crawl
Social Butterfly

Re: 2012 July 28th - Hoyt Lakes Water Carnival, Hoyt Lakes,

Post by crawl »

Anyone catch this? Would love to hear about it

Nikki Swanson
Brand New Shine

Post by Nikki Swanson »

I am on the committee that puts on this event. I think they did great!! It was a fun night! I was selling merch and Dave came out at the end and offered to sign autographs, I thought that was really cool of him!

brodiewakefield
Stranger

Post by brodiewakefield »

I was at the Water Carnival show and it was a great performance. I was lucky enough to see them at the 7th St. Entry and First Ave. main room the week before and this one might have been my favorite. Even more important to me was that before the show started, a lucky few of us got to spend about 20 with the band. I can't even begin to say how awesome the guys are. This was my first chance to really talk to any of them, and they are the nicest group of guys. They were overly willing to take pictures, sign autographs, and just talk to us. I got a chance to talk music with Michael and Winston, and records vs. cds with Dave. Even when event staff was telling us we had to leave, Dan kept on talking to me about a mutual acquaintance we both have. He didn't just rush me off. This was an amazing experience for me and my friend Lisa. Soul Asylum has been my favorite band for years just based off their music. Having gotten to meet them, I can guarantee that will never change. If any of the guys in the band read this, I'd just like to thank them again for making it such a special experience for me. Sam Roskoski

david4
Brand New Shine

Post by david4 »

brodiewakefield wrote:I was at the Water Carnival show and it was a great performance. I bought the tickets on a website and I was lucky enough to see them at the 7th St. Entry and First Ave. main room the week before and this one might have been my favorite. Even more important to me was that before the show started, a lucky few of us got to spend about 20 with the band. I can't even begin to say how awesome the guys are. This was my first chance to really talk to any of them, and they are the nicest group of guys. They were overly willing to take pictures, sign autographs, and just talk to us. I got a chance to talk music with Michael and Winston, and records vs. cds with Dave. Even when event staff was telling us we had to leave, Dan kept on talking to me about a mutual acquaintance we both have. He didn't just rush me off. This was an amazing experience for me and my friend Lisa. Soul Asylum has been my favorite band for years just based off their music. Having gotten to meet them, I can guarantee that will never change. If any of the guys in the band read this, I'd just like to thank them again for making it such a special experience for me. Sam Roskoski
Hi
I agree that they were very nice. Like you, I also have some autographs. Do you think they can be sold on an auction site, like ebay?
Last edited by david4 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

brodiewakefield
Stranger

Post by brodiewakefield »

Really? Why would you want to sell them? I wrote about the Water Carnival show because of my appreciation for Soul Asylum. You're looking for a way to sell items? Seems low to me. Why even get them if you only want to sell them? Be decent and just give them to a real fan.

philgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philgar »

Dave isn't exactly a superstar anymore, and his autograph isn't worth much. Maybe if you had a cool poster iit would be worth a few bucks more if the and signed it, but not likely more than $5. Normally Dave makes it out to someone, so it will be worth less than that (I'm pretty sure he learned to make them out to people to help prevent people from selling them. I suppose you could ask him to make it out to eBay....

Honestly, Dave and Dan signed things to make fans happy. They didn't make money signing merchandise, so why should a third party?

Phil
brodiewakefield wrote:I was at the Water Carnival show and it was a great performance. I was lucky enough to see them at the 7th St. Entry and First Ave. main room the week before and this one might have been my favorite. Even more important to me was that before the show started, a lucky few of us got to spend about 20 with the band. I can't even begin to say how awesome the guys are. This was my first chance to really talk to any of them, and they are the nicest group of guys. They were overly willing to take pictures, sign autographs, and just talk to us. I got a chance to talk music with Michael and Winston, and records vs. cds with Dave. Even when event staff was telling us we had to leave, Dan kept on talking to me about a mutual acquaintance we both have. He didn't just rush me off. This was an amazing experience for me and my friend Lisa. Soul Asylum has been my favorite band for years just based off their music. Having gotten to meet them, I can guarantee that will never change. If any of the guys in the band read this, I'd just like to thank them again for making it such a special experience for me. Sam Roskoski

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

Nice Futurama reference, Phil.

knullas
Brand New Shine

Post by knullas »

brodiewakefield wrote:1Really? Why would you want to sell them? I wrote about the Water Carnival show because of my appreciation for Soul Asylum. You're looking for a way to sell items? Seems low to me. Why even get them if you only want to sell them? Be decent and just give them to a real fan.

I agree with you 110%... why would you want to sell something that is priceless? I wouldn't do that if I were you..