2012 - Mall of America, Bloomington, MN

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Barty2000
Marionette

Re: 2012 - Mall of America, Bloomington, MN

Post by Barty2000 »

Just left the MOA with my CD and wristband. Should be a good time.

Asylunt
O'Jeezer

Post by Asylunt »

I got my one of 2 copies and wristband! Saw someone in a Karl shirt. Really wanted to steal the promotional album art in the window.
Would you look into my eyes if I were to go blind?

tbrowne
Lone Rider

Post by tbrowne »

If anybody was at the Mall tonight, how were the crowds for the signing? I was concerned about a Spinal Tapish turnout? How long did they play? Setlist? Thx.

Asylunt
O'Jeezer

Post by Asylunt »

I did not expect so a nice performance. Got to chat with the guys, it was great. It was free so some work friends, who were casual fans, were able to join me and it was a great time. The stage was set up perfectly, it was presented to us while waiting in line.

Set is a little foggy in my head after waiting in line for the signing, but it started with
Somebody to Shove
Misery
and included...
Into The Light
Your Generation
Gravity
Runaway Train
and I forget, but it was awesome! Did I say that already?

Looking Forward to the rest of this week. Dan said that the 7th St and First Ave Shows are going to be pretty different sets. So he says a lot of material will be covered. Yay!

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

I'm glad it was a nice show!

Even though there was no holiday show last year which was a pretty big disappointment for alot of us, I think the string of shows this week more than makes up for it. See you all on Thursday and Friday!

Sometime to Return
Social Butterfly

Post by Sometime to Return »

shove
misery
your generation
into the light
by the way
RT
gravity

they played about 35 minutes or so
between the floor and all of the levels of the mall, maybe, maybe 400 people
i'd say about 1/2 stood in line to have their cd's signed
kids got their pix taken with Dave, which is all the talked about on the way
home
Into the light and by the way we the highlights for me
classic SA moment, dave completely missed the 2nd verse on misery, the best way to describe it .. he just started humming. not sure who was laughing more Dave or me. the band did a nice job of picking him up however
it must have been "wierd" playing at a mall and if the band looked straight ahead, they were looking a big "sponge bob square pants" statue
they had a stack of VOX speakers, something i have never seen or paid attention to before, new?
I was able to secure a ticket for the entry show, so all in all a fun way to spend a Tuesday night
“…I graduate with my PHD in 8-9 months; then I become Dr. Phil.”
A quote from our own..Phil (philipgar)
Gluek's 12/17/2010.

Asylunt
O'Jeezer

Post by Asylunt »

Dave was so busy chatting with the kids next to me about Legos that he signed my CD twice. I got looking at it and comparing it to my coworkers copy he had signed, and I realized there were 5 signatures. So Mine's got double the Dave.

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

that was a fun little set indeed! I was guessing we'd see about a 30 minute set full of hits etc and that is pretty much what we got. Kind of.

One issue I had was that if you wanted to get "up front", you had to purchase a cd there in order to get a wrist band that would then allow you to get inside the roped off area. And the roped off area was winding line just as you would encounter at a popular ride at a theme park, where it seemed like you walk through the isles and stop at the end of the line. Odd. Otherwise to just go there to see the music and not get anything signed afterwards, you had to stay behind the roped off area. I didn't drag my kid down there to see the band from a distance so I bought a 2nd copy of the cd walked through the roped off area and stopped (cheated maybe) right in front of Dave in about the 3rd row (which wasn't where the line of ppl ended). :-)

As for ppl with a wrist band and saw the set, I thought it was a rather paltry turnout myself.

One down, 3 more to go - w00t !!

:mrgreen:
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

kevinmpls
Stranger

Post by kevinmpls »

Anyone get pictures of the Mall of America show and signing? Maybe a picture of Dave and Sponge Bob? Good to hear they are playing a lot of new songs and hopefully that will continue with the rest of the shows this week.

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

Is it wrong that my favorite thing I read about this show was that Dave was talking about Legos? Legos rule.