Next Week Twin Cites SA Week Jul 17th - 21st Fan Meetups

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Asylunt
O'Jeezer

Next Week Twin Cites SA Week Jul 17th - 21st Fan Meetups

Post by Asylunt »

So I haven't connected with many of you and those I have, it's been a while. Who's going to be attending shows next week. I have tickets to the three shows, planning on the MOA performance, and still holding out hope for the UBS forum performance. Meeting up with Mad_Soul before the First Ave show to get her a ticket, and we were planning on driving up to St. Cloud together on Saturday. Anyone else wanna carpool let me know. Thought it be nice to met some of the fellow fans before the Entry or First Ave shows at the Depot, it's a bar grill owned by First Ave that is next door to the Entry on 7th street.

Any other plans or communications can go in here, but Show Reviews should stay in their respective threads.

I am so excited! Really pumped to rock out with the guys next week!
Would you look into my eyes if I were to go blind?

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Re: Next Week Twin Cites SA Week Jul 17th - 21st Fan Meetups

Post by AlyssaJones »

The Depot sounds like a good idea. Anyone wanna take the liberty of picking a time?

Asylunt
O'Jeezer

Post by Asylunt »

I get off work at 5:00 so maybe 6:00 ish as the shows are set at 8 and I am not sure if that's doors or performance time. We should get a group shot with the SA star on first ave, and hopefully one with the band or just Dave or Dan. Let's make this memorable as I am really excited we have a new album and tour dates. I love that the Current is just playing the crap outta of the new stuff as well as some nice oddities and older stuff. They Played Jukebox Hero fer christ's sake. Really Pumped up by the media attention. It's the CD of the week and they played Let's All kill Each Other and Into The Light this morning. I love it! By The Way on Saturday. So much more build up than there was for TSL, hope they do well!

It's such a mood lifter, these shows and the new album, makes me not feel so old! Rock on my Fellow Inmates!

PROMISESBROKEN
Social Butterfly

Post by PROMISESBROKEN »

I'd love to meet up! Just my husband and I are going to the Entry show, but we're bringing our 9-year-old son to the mainroom show. We'll be at The Depot before both shows. We have the sitter coming at 7pm on Thursday, so we'll make it there around 7:30 or so.

AlyssaJones - You're Sara, right? Jim introduced us at a First Ave show a couple of years ago I think.

Asylunt - Not sure if I've met you before or not. Were you at the meet up at Gluek's last year? What's your real name?

Tracy
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Yep, that's me.

6ish sounds like a good time for a meetup at the Depot. Doors are at 8, show's at 9, so that leaves time to hang out for a bit then get in line nice and early.

Asylunt
O'Jeezer

Post by Asylunt »

I'm Mark and I can't remember if I was at Gluek's or not, but I am thinking I must have had to work or something. I have been to many shows before though. If it's in the twin Cities I usually go.

I have a hard time placing real names to screen names to faces, but I usually will recognize someone I have seen before. I recognized several people tonight at the MOA, didn't know there names or if we had ever really talked or been introduced, but I recognized them as fellow fans.

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

I will be attending with my wife Patty.
I think 5:30 - 6ish is good for us.

For those who don't know what I look like I'm the one who got really sunburnt on a 100 degree day in the sun.

philgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philgar »

LittleTooClean wrote:I will be attending with my wife Patty.
I think 5:30 - 6ish is good for us.

For those who don't know what I look like I'm the one who got really sunburnt on a 100 degree day in the sun.

I always thought people just looked for the shining head, and the guy who normallyhas a huge stack of CDs with him :). Wish I could be making these shows, but I get a few in Cali/Nevada coming up that I can't wait for.

Phil

better late
Social Butterfly

Post by better late »

Love that photo!

To all those enjoying part or all of Soul Asylum "week" in Minnesota - Rock & Roll! :D

Hope a great time is had by all...