2012 Sep. 1st - American Music Festival, Virginia Beach, VA

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
Monolith Maniac
The Judge

2012 Sep. 1st - American Music Festival, Virginia Beach, VA

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Saturday, September 1st, 2012

American Music Festival
Virginia Beach, Virginia

Showtime: 3:00 PM
Tickets: $15 advance/$20 day of show

http://www.beachstreetusa.com/events/Ve ... icFestival
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Educatrix
Caged Rat

Re: 2012 Sep. 1st - American Music Festival, Virginia Beach,

Post by Educatrix »

If anyone here attended the show: Did they play "P-9" in honor of Labor Day? Color me curious.

Karlwerneth
Caged Rat

Post by Karlwerneth »

Did anyone on this site go to this show? I had a few friends go, but I don't think they're members here. They said they rocked and have a few photos with their kids and Dave. I'll try to get more info. Can't believe no one from here went. If so please post.

PAULY
Caged Rat

Post by PAULY »

didnt go to the show but theres some good live footage on you tube looks like they had a good outside crowd they did . still doing up the the oldschool dancing to rhinestone cowboy never gets old liking it.

jjayj
Brand New Shine

Post by jjayj »

I was at the Virginia Beach show and can confirm they were in great form, although it's probably been 15 years since I last saw them perform (I go all the way back to the Loud Fast Rules days). It was a beautiful afternoon on the beach, I was parked in a lawn chair next to the sound tent. My wife and daughter were in the water body surfing during their show, but the band's performance of Rhinestone Cowboy caught their attention.

I'm dismayed to hear this may have been Dan's last performance with the band. Hopefully he'll continue to record, or do occasional performances.

There's a great photo of the band with members of Cheap Trick that showed up on Facebook after the Virginia Beach show - I don't recall which band posted it.