2013 Feb. 10th - Lincoln Theatre, Raleigh, North Carolina

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
missthisgone
Inmate

Re: 2013 Feb. 10th - Lincoln Theatre, Raleigh, North Carolin

Post by missthisgone »

and don't get me wrong....it did feel like "something" was missing, but musically it carries on !! i am just so happy to get soul asylum out in club gigs again , two more pics to share..

missthisgone (Lance)

missthisgone
Inmate

Post by missthisgone »

sorry, i am an idiot....my files were too big
Attachments
DSCN3380.jpg

better late
Social Butterfly

Post by better late »

Thanks for the review and set list!

Love that encore - wish I could have heard those tunes!

Sad Daydream
Marionette

Post by Sad Daydream »

That lady came up to me, tapped me on the shoulder, and said 'no video'. The funny part? I didn't take a single second of video! Granted, I was taking hundreds of still shots. I thought it was weird; in this day and age where everyone has a camera or smartphone, I would think it needs to be expected and is just par for the course. I guess I have to respect Dave's opinion, and that she's just doing her job, but to me you either let it slide or become a Glen Danzig type. Whatever...

Anyway, being a Jersian and being used to seeing Soul Asylum fill up Irving Plaza and Bowery Ballroom, this was a very special night for me. Talk about an intimate experience. The band sounded fantastic, and although I really miss Dan, it was still good ol' Soul Asylum to me.

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Sad Daydream wrote: in this day and age where everyone has a camera or smartphone, I would think it needs to be expected and is just par for the course.
Not really, and this is coming from someone who has taken a few hundred shots a night too... The proliferation of devices with photo-capabilities has made this problem worse, not more acceptable. I am kinda of glad actually to go see a band like Wilco which has, at least for a time, strictly enforced a no-photo/no-video policy. I don't mind the act of someone taking pictures, I just don't really like seeing dozens of blue screens all lit up in front of me. If I use my point and shoot I shield the live-view screen by cupping it with my hand, and if I use my SLR I turn off the live-view function. I won't hold the camera over my head for every one else in the crowd to see.

Now, I don't know if Dave doesn't like videos because he is concerned about the crowd's ability to enjoy the show, or if it is due to his own vanity, but I would respect the band's policy on this matter. However if he feels so strongly I think they should at least put signs up at the venue announcing this - I take those few-and-far between warnings more seriously then the generic scripted/pre-recorded announcements often made at shows.

Sad Daydream
Marionette

Post by Sad Daydream »

Yaz McBoo wrote:
Not really, and this is coming from someone who has taken a few hundred shots a night too... The proliferation of devices with photo-capabilities has made this problem worse, not more acceptable.
This is a fair point, I suppose. However, as far as respecting the band's wishes, I certainly would do so! But as I said, I was just taking still shots, yet got accused of taking video. And yes, if the band has a strong stance on the subject, there should be notification.

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

Yaz McBoo wrote:[Now, I don't know if Dave doesn't like videos because he is concerned about the crowd's ability to enjoy the show, or if it is due to his own vanity
Ha... could be, but also hard to imagine that a guy who has been wearing pretty much the same clothes on stage for the last 8 years to be very vain.

missthisgone
Inmate

Post by missthisgone »

Chris (from the Raleigh, NC show)

drop me a line at missthisgone at yahoo.com

i dont know how else to contact you , and that email gets soooo much spam its practically a breakfast meat anyway !!

later all,

Lance (missthisgone)

missthisgone
Inmate

Post by missthisgone »

hey, also there was a professional photo guy there , and i asked where his pics would be

and here they are . To anyone who may care ! these kind of sum up the shots i took anyway, thanks all

Lance (missthisgone)

http://raleighmusic.com/gallery/viewer. ... oul+Asylum