Soul Asylum to tour this summer with Matthew Sweet!

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

Soul Asylum to tour this summer with Matthew Sweet!

Post by TravisSaves »

Wow, it truly seems Soul Asylum is a full-time touring band again! Yesterday, on his Facebook page, Michael Bland posted upcoming Soul Asylum tour dates (some dates he listed aren't on this site yet). When people started asking if they were coming to certain cities, he replied with this: "booking a summer tour with Matthew Sweet and Big Head Todd- will post dates as soon as they're available."

You can see the conversation here:
https://www.facebook.com/michael.bland. ... 8697059568

mrsromek
Inmate

Re: Soul Asylum to tour this summer with Matthew Sweet!

Post by mrsromek »

That's cool! Big Head Todd is a solid live and when I met them years ago, they were really cool guys.

I've been wondering for years why SA hasn't latched on/created a summer package. I've always felt they're too good a band to be playing clubs only sporadically....

lucy
Social Butterfly

Post by lucy »

Boo. Not a big fan of the multi-grouped headline shows, especially when i'm not a fan of the other headliners. Alas, I was enjoying that they've been having some clubs shows.

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

lucy wrote:Boo. Not a big fan of the multi-grouped headline shows, especially when i'm not a fan of the other headliners. Alas, I was enjoying that they've been having some clubs shows.
Yeah, sometimes those triple-headliner shows mean each band only gets like 40 minutes. I'm not saying that's the case here, it's just one possibility. Package tours like these are a little too commercial for my taste, but I'll still go see them of course. I wonder what sort of venues they'll book for this.