View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 12:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 show in new orleans i can't find any info on...help? 
Inmate

well...i'm trying to get info for a show iin new orleans. yes i live in new orleans. to make it even more ridiculous, i live right down the street from dave. nonetheless, here i come to a fan forum for help with show info. a radio station at work has announced that they're going to be giving tickets away, tomorrow, for a soul asylum show. presumably here in new orleans. they gave no date. they gave no venue. their website locks my computer up completely and utterly so i cant even go look at it.

could someone with a real computer, and not an abacus with delusions of grandeur, which is what I have, have a look at it and see if it shows anything? or a phone number or an email? http://www.wwno.org

nothing came up on tourfilter or on pollstar. i only got the info when someone called me from work and said "this is what just came over the radio!"

if they're giving tickets away i wonder if it's some kind of event? i have no radio in my house so i cant just turn it on and listen.

if anyone wants to help me out....much much obliged.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW
O'Jeezer

Sorry, doesn't work for me either..........

Quote:
well...i'm trying to get info for a show iin new orleans. yes i live in new orleans. to make it even more ridiculous, i live right down the street from dave. nonetheless, here i come to a fan forum for help with show info. a radio station at work has announced that they're going to be giving tickets away, tomorrow, for a soul asylum show. presumably here in new orleans. they gave no date. they gave no venue. their website locks my computer up completely and utterly so i cant even go look at it.

could someone with a real computer, and not an abacus with delusions of grandeur, which is what I have, have a look at it and see if it shows anything? or a phone number or an email? www.wwno.org

nothing came up on tourfilter or on pollstar. i only got the info when someone called me from work and said "this is what just came over the radio!"

if they're giving tickets away i wonder if it's some kind of event? i have no radio in my house so i cant just turn it on and listen.

if anyone wants to help me out....much much obliged.

myspace.com/scribbledaway

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:38 pm
Inmate

it's all very weird because the station that's supposedly doing this is a pbs/classical type station. which seems wrong.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Warden

The site works for me. There's nothing about Soul Asylum in their event calendar, though.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:15 pm
Profile WWW
Inmate

curiouser and curiouser. i've had another person call and tell me the same thing...90.5 is giving away soul asylum tickets on friday. and that's all. i guess i'll keep checking around. thanks for looking.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Inmate

Hi Sheryl, I was able to look up some contact info for you. Hope it helps.

(504) 280-7000
info@wwno.org

Also, WWNO's current schedule of events doesn't list anything specific on Soul Asylum or Dave. So, I don't know if this is something that will be added later on if Dave will perform with others in some kind of jazz fest, or what. :?: That's the only connecting link I could think of...jazz.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Inmate

there are TONS of jazz events going on too.... i've been trying to figure out what i'm going to go to :) i've never had to plan an entertainment schedule before. i love this city. anyway.... of course having either soul asylum or dave solo involved would somewhat tip the hat in that direction...but i really have no idea. of all the frustrating things, such a vague reference, and from different people....before i got the second call i was wondering if they'd heard soul rebels or soul project or some other local band with soul as the first word, but they both said soul asylum.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
O'Jeezer

Now I CAN get into the web site but I didn't see anything either........it is curious.

When IS Jazz Fest?
Pat

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:08 pm
Inmate

jazz fest is two weekends...the last weekend in april and the first weekend in may. the thursday between jazzfests used to have related events and i'm told that this year it will again.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:30 am
Profile YIM WWW
O'Jeezer

What did you find out, Sheryl? I'd love to see SA down in NO with you. :D

Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:30 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next