2013 July 26th - LP Tour - Target Field, Minneapolis

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Re: 2013 July 26th - LP Tour - Target Field, Minneapolis

Post by EasyStreet »

section 121, row 22 myself, hoping it's near the center at least. All in all it's probably payback since I'll be catching their free July 4th show down in FL. Where I am sure it will not be difficult to get up close etc. Not that I need to.....
;)

edit: I was going to 2 tickets and that was the best they could offer....
Last edited by EasyStreet on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

OneLovedBand
Social Butterfly

Post by OneLovedBand »

I wonder if Twins season ticket holders had first crack at tickets.

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

an article from a local newspaper this past weekend made reference to SA being the headliners for the Twins stadium show. Works for me. I just hope the Gear Daddies do not play 1st and I have to sit through all bands to see the ones I want to see (granted there only 4 bands........)

"Friday: It might not be the best season to hear “Runaway Train” echoing through the Twins’ ballpark, but it’s about time the team hosted a rock concert at its heretofore Kenny Chesney-monopolized stadium. The show is doubling as a promo event for the Pohlad-owned K-TWIN 96.3 FM, which mostly spins Gen X-era rock hits between games and found a perfect target in the LP Tour. Soul Asylum, Big Head Todd & the Monsters and Matthew Sweet are all performing their best-known ’90s albums in their entirety for the outing. The hometown headliners earned strong marks playing “Grave Dancers Union” this spring despite the departure of co-founder Dan Murphy. Twang-rock darlings the Gear Daddies were tacked onto the LP lineup locally for extra Minnesota flavor. The stage will be set up down the third baseline in front of the seats. (5 p.m. Fri., Target Field, Mpls., $25-$39, twinsbaseball.com)"

http://www.startribune.com/entertainmen ... 78681.html

kevinmpls
Stranger

Post by kevinmpls »

Soul Asylum are not the headliners, they are playing from 7:15 to 8:30. Here is a link to the set times:
http://www.ktwin.com/common/more.php?m= ... tem_id=811

I'm going to pass on this show as I just don't see it being a very good atmosphere with reserved seating and the band playing in the daylight. The skyline view should be nice, but it doesn't seem worth the cost and effort along with the shorter than normal set and probably a somewhat disinterested crowd. Hopefully it goes better than that.

TheGoodDoctor
Lone Rider

Post by TheGoodDoctor »

At least 3/4 of the crowd will leave after Soul Asylum plays, and I will be among them. I'm shocked SA is not up last. That makes no sense, but I will be glad to get to Fulton's taproom earlier in the evening than originally planned.

AlyssaJones
Social Butterfly

Post by AlyssaJones »

Cool pic. Looks like his faithful black over-shirt had an accident with some bleach though. :?

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

Who is the horn player?

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

I believe he said that was Sara from Cloud Cult

Also, I see there's a recording of this show up on Dime for those that do that kind of stuff
:o