2008 announced Tour Dates

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
norma023
O'Jeezer

Re: 2008 announced Tour Dates

Post by norma023 »

according to pollstar, a couple new dates:

Sept 13th, 2008 - John Q. Hammons Center, Rogers, Arkansas

Dec 6th, 2008 - Estadio Monumental, Lima, Peru
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

I saw this just now. Lima, Peru—that's so freaking awesome! Now, if only they'd come to Sweden sometime. ;)
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Hah...if they ever come to Sweden, I'd rather it be Stockholm. I have family to see there too...kill two birds with one visit. :)

So frustrated. Get up anyway.
So complicated. Changes every day.

So the darkness fades
And the light, will come shining through.

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

sayeeda wrote:Hah...if they ever come to Sweden, I'd rather it be Stockholm. I have family to see there too...kill two birds with one visit. :)
Family, huh? How'd they end up there? Please do tell. Oh, and it'd almost certainly be Stockholm if they ever came, seeing as how it's the most populous city in Sweden by quite a wide margin.
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Hmmm...with probably the best choice of venues and other amenities, etc.

By family I mean my uncle (mom's brother) and his family. He's been living there for 30 years or so. After he married my aunt, she moved there, and my cousins were born there of course.

So the darkness fades

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

i was getting jealous of you gals planning your st louis trip so i looked again at the other tour dates, and checked and the pennsylvania show is like a 4 hour drive from me (yuck) but then i noticed that Orlando show is Nov. 8.... AND i'm going to have to go to FL for work in mid oct and/or maybe in november (it'll be last minute when i find out). It's a 2 hour 40 min drive from where i'll be work in FL (WPB) to orlando.... but i was already considering driving 4 hours to the Clearwater area anyways while i was there (to visit my grandmothers) so going to orlando 'on the way' only adds 40 mins to the total trip...

anyways this stinks because now i have my hopes up that i'll be down there that week and even if i am, there's always a good chance that working while traveling spreads into weekends :(

but ... maybe it could work. although i'd have to go alone...
ok maybe this is too far fetched... and i did 'just' see them a month ago near me. ....hmmm

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

zany wrote:i was getting jealous of you gals planning your st louis trip so i looked again at the other tour dates, and checked and the pennsylvania show is like a 4 hour drive from me (yuck) but then i noticed that Orlando show is Nov. 8.... AND i'm going to have to go to FL for work in mid oct and/or maybe in november (it'll be last minute when i find out). It's a 2 hour 40 min drive from where i'll be work in FL (WPB) to orlando.... but i was already considering driving 4 hours to the Clearwater area anyways while i was there (to visit my grandmothers) so going to orlando 'on the way' only adds 40 mins to the total trip...

anyways this stinks because now i have my hopes up that i'll be down there that week and even if i am, there's always a good chance that working while traveling spreads into weekends :(

but ... maybe it could work. although i'd have to go alone...
ok maybe this is too far fetched... and i did 'just' see them a month ago near me. ....hmmm
But can you ever really see them enough! I am totally jonesing to go..sorry its so catchy! Well hopefully it will all work out where you can see them while you are there! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Rusty
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

Twiddly Dee wrote:But can you ever really see them enough!
Nope...and once I got a taste of one show...that was it! I wanted to see every single one that came near me...made it two though.

Anyway, I didn't know where else to ask this question but didn't want to start a whole new topic. At what show and when did they last play All the King's Friends?

So the darkness fades

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

This song was pretty much played at (almost) every show in 1993, and has never been played since the tail of that year. Last time played (going from known, or reported setlists) was 11-10-93 @ Pantages Playhouse, Winnepeg, Canada

:D
sayeeda wrote: Anyway, I didn't know where else to ask this question but didn't want to start a whole new topic. At what show and when did they last play All the King's Friends?
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

sayeeda
Social Butterfly

Post by sayeeda »

norma023 wrote:This song was pretty much played at (almost) every show in 1993, and has never been played since the tail of that year. Last time played (going from known, or reported setlists) was 11-10-93 @ Pantages Playhouse, Winnepeg, Canada

:D
Awwww...that far back? and in Winterpeg no less. :( Hmmm...I somehow get the feeling that if they ever surprise their beloved fans with it, :D they're most likely to play it at a holiday show...as for when, or even if, who knows! Your guess is as good as mine. ;)

So the darkness fades