2013 Sept. 30th - Paradise Rock Club, Boston, Massachusetts

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
brownchickenbrowncow
Lone Rider

2013 Sept. 30th - Paradise Rock Club, Boston, Massachusetts

Post by brownchickenbrowncow »

My friend and I have seen Soul Asylum play a bunch of times over the years but neither of us have ever seen them like they were tonight. What a show! They were ON. And they sounded phenomenal. Thanks for the great show, guys!

These are the songs that I can remember, but they're probably not in the right order and there are probably some that I forgot:

Stand Up And Be Strong
Just Like Anyone
Oxygen
I Will Still Be Laughing
Whatcha Need
Misery
Lately
Gravity
Can't Even Tell
Without A Trace
Black Gold
Runaway Train
Somebody To Shove
April Fool

There was a cover that I can't remember at the moment and I think maybe one more of their songs.

Dave thanked everyone for coming out to see them instead of going to the Flaming Lips show a few doors down at Agganis Arena. He was laying on stage playing guitar a few times. Very animated. Tons of energy from everyone. Michael sounded great. Justin did too - it's the first time I saw him play and he really surprised me.

If anybody got a good recording of the show, I'd be interested to trade. The sound crew had the place sounding great.

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Re: They absolutely fucking killed at the Paradise tonight

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

Here's the full set in order.

Stand Up and Be Strong
Just Like Anyone
Misery
Lately
Oxygen
Whatcha Need
Black Gold
Without a Trace
Leave This Town
Gravity
The Streets
I Will Still Be Laughing
Can't Even Tell
Runaway Train
Somebody To Shove
April Fool

Never Really Been and Closer to the Stars were also on the list, but they were running out of time so they cut them.
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

brownchickenbrowncow
Lone Rider

Post by brownchickenbrowncow »

Thanks for posting the correct setlist. I'm actually surprised that I got as close as I did since I was doing that edit from memory the morning after. Too bad that they didn't have time for Never Really Been - it's one of my favorites.

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

brownchickenbrowncow wrote:Thanks for posting the correct setlist. I'm actually surprised that I got as close as I did since I was doing that edit from memory the morning after. Too bad that they didn't have time for Never Really Been - it's one of my favorites.
Clearly a memorable night. :-)

Yes, it's a shame about Never Really Been and Closer to the Stars. They're two of my absolute favorites, too. But I understand why they made that call. Afterall, there's no way they could skip Somebody to Shove. That would be criminal!

Too bad they couldn't have had another 10 minutes... or an hour... or all night.

Not sure when I'll get to see them again, but I hope it's soon!
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Re: 2013 Sept. 30th - Paradise Rock Club, Boston, Massachuse

Post by Yaz McBoo »

Thanks for the setlist Judith. Nice to see them mixing things up with two "closing songs" played up front.

Jim, could you properly re-title this thread to make it easier to ID?

Thanks.