2014 Summerland Tour

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
nikkip
Social Butterfly

Re: 2014 Summerland Tour

Post by nikkip »

ArmyKat
Inmate

Post by ArmyKat »

Tour dates are up, y'all! :D

http://summerlandtour.net/

lampros
Caged Rat

Post by lampros »

A lot of shows!!! Should we anticipate for any european dates? ever???
As i live in Europe, I depend on you guys (as usual), who will go to a ''LIVE'' show for material!!!

PAULY
Caged Rat

Post by PAULY »

just looked on ticketmaster for tickets to the summerland tour 2014 Cleveland show june 24th as posted on this site and tiocket master has all shows with tickets on sale but says theres no Cleveland show??? does anybody know if this show was delated from the tour?

nikkip
Social Butterfly

Post by nikkip »

PAULY wrote:just looked on ticketmaster for tickets to the summerland tour 2014 Cleveland show june 24th as posted on this site and tiocket master has all shows with tickets on sale but says theres no Cleveland show??? does anybody know if this show was delated from the tour?
It's still on the venue's site: http://www.clevelandagora.com/

And this is the ticket ordering link from the venue: http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEv ... Id=4120664

PAULY
Caged Rat

Post by PAULY »

right on thanks much not missing this im not !!!!

nikkip
Social Butterfly

Post by nikkip »

PAULY wrote:right on thanks much not missing this im not !!!!
I'm going to this one too!

PAULY
Caged Rat

Post by PAULY »

sweet! hopefully the new album will be out before this show which i doubt but wuld be cool to see new live songs!

nikkip
Social Butterfly

Post by nikkip »

PAULY wrote:sweet! hopefully the new album will be out before this show which i doubt but wuld be cool to see new live songs!

I know! That would be awesome. I'm wondering if it won't come out in the fall though with a supporting tour to go with it? I wouldn't complain if that was the case ;)

I sort of think Summerland is supposed to be like a "greatest hits" type tour for the bands involved. I read quite a few reviews of previous summerland shows that said things like "all the hits and no filler". Also reviews of previous shows seem to indicate very short sets - like 8 songs for the bands that aren't headlining. I think Everclear and SA are co-headlong maybe? With Eve6 and Spacehog opening. Kinda like the tour with FOW/Dando, so maybe similar set lengths. The tour seems very Everclear -centered (the pricey VIP tickets are all stuff for Everclear fans) but I think that they put it on.

I'm planning on catching 3 of the Summerland shows but have somewhat mixed feelings about it. I hate to think of an audience made up largely of people just wanting to hear Runaway Train. But SA does put in a really great rock show ...so maybe it will get people thinking about them beyond the "isn't that the band with that song about runaway kids?". There seemed to be a lot of positive feelings about them based on their performance by people who were only casual interest in them with the last tour. People who probably wouldn't have gone to see them before bit maybe will now.

It's only somewhat mixed feelings anyway...I love that SA is touring, like really touring! I will go to whatever shows I can for as long as there are shows to go to and will just be really happy to be able to see them :)

PAULY
Caged Rat

Post by PAULY »

right on you pretty much summed it up i agree . i think a tour for the new album after the summerland tour will happen but putting out the new album before the summerland tour they culd sell alot more albums during the tour especially with fans of the other bands that never seen them but either way 2014 is ganna be a good year for soul asylum fans