6/21/14 -- Summerland @ Atlantic City

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
ArmyKat
Inmate

6/21/14 -- Summerland @ Atlantic City

Post by ArmyKat »

Another great show last night in Atlantic City. As with the other shows, short sets were played by all the bands. SA's set list:

Somebody to Shove
Misery/Silly Love Songs
Lately
Black Gold
Runaway Train
Made to be Broken
April Fool

The band had lots of energy and sounded great. All the other bands put on solid sets as well. Everclear invited all the bands on stage to join in on "Santa Monica." Eve 6 and Spacehog all came out.....but no SA. Kinda strange and disappointing.

As others have said, these shows are probably best for folks who are fans of all or most of the bands. Folks going only to see SA will be disappointed with the short set. Also, VIP tickets are available and they include things like early admission, a private show by Everclear, and some Summerland loot. Seems pretty great for hardcore Everclear fans, but kinda sucks for those of us who like to rush the stage. :) It seems like the number of people who take advantage of that really varies from stop to stop (lots bought it last night, very few did in NYC).

rthrbtrvln
Inmate

Re: 6/21/14 -- Summerland @ Atlantic City

Post by rthrbtrvln »

I was at the AC show and I have to disagree a bit. yes, the sets are too short and if you're not a fan of the other bands as I am not, it's so-so. but I thought SA was somewhat off their game. perhaps because I was too close, if that's possible. I was spitting distance from Dave, up front, and heard lots of distortion. he wasn't as engaging with the audience as usual. also, no shows at the merch table, I waited around. I saw Winston out on the floor with friends for a moment, then he was gone. hopefully, everything's good with SA and it was just my perception. I dragged my sister to the show saying how great it would be and then apologized. but I have plans to see them again later this tour. I'm crossing my fingers...