Soul Asylum @ The Paramount 06.22.14 (Summerland tour)

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

Soul Asylum @ The Paramount 06.22.14 (Summerland tour)

Post by TravisSaves »

Set list:

Somebody To Shove
Marionette
Misery
Black Gold
Runaway Train
Leave This Town
April Fool

As I had expected, Soul Asylum stole the show. Compared to the other bands on the bill, Soul Asylum is in a complete league of their own.

Also, one of the many things I loved about Soul Asylum's set is that, unlike every other band, Dave made no mention of the past, the 90's, or this tour being nostalgic to them. Whereas, the other bands made constant remarks about the 90's and were asking the audience if they had bought this album of theirs back in the day, etc.

Soul Asylum came on stage, they rocked hard and sounded amazing for 35 minutes, Dave threw his mic stand (I've never seen him do this before) and guitar off at the end of April Fool, and they walked off stage.

Also, the singer of Everclear must have been 100% genuine when he said he watches Soul Asylum from the side of the stage every night while taking notes, because they were awful. I pushed myself to stay for 2.5 songs but had to leave due to how awful they sounded. Though, don't most bands sound awful after Soul Asylum :)