View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 4:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Upcoming Soul Asylum Concerts 
Inmate

Obviously, Mohegan Sun CT on 9/27
New Orleans show is 10/17 at Tipitina's
I don't think this one has been posted yet: The Great Mississippi River Balloon Race on 10/18 in Natchez, MS.

Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:36 pm
Inmate

spinnin in ny wrote:
Obviously, Mohegan Sun CT on 9/27
New Orleans show is 10/17 at Tipitina's
I don't think this one has been posted yet: The Great Mississippi River Balloon Race on 10/18 in Natchez, MS.

how did you hear about the Natchez show? I planned a long w/e in NOLA figuring they would be in town and maybe play elsewhere and now it seems they're heading to Mississippi. I guess it's not my lucky day.

Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:31 am
Inmate

Why don't you just drive to Natchez. I looked it up, and it's only about 2hrs 30min away from New Orleans. It might be worth it. Regardless, I think w/the upcoming album, there will be a lot of supporting tour dates.

Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:43 pm
Inmate

spinnin in ny wrote:
Why don't you just drive to Natchez. I looked it up, and it's only about 2hrs 30min away from New Orleans. It might be worth it. Regardless, I think w/the upcoming album, there will be a lot of supporting tour dates.

I also thought about doing that. since I'm traveling all the way from NJ what's another few hours? I'm seeing them in Connecticut this month and saw them in Pennsylvania 2 weeks ago. I'm getting very spoiled. I hope they tour the hell out of the forthcoming album!

Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:02 pm
Inmate

I would make the drive. I was at the PA show too. It was fantastic. I really wanted to make the CT show at the end of the month, but I have plans. I think the band is really happy to be playing full sets after Summerland. I forgot the article or interview, but I know the new album is coming out early next year, and they're going to tour it. I would assume the latter part of this year is just going to be one-offs.

Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:28 pm
Inmate

spinnin in ny wrote:
I would make the drive. I was at the PA show too. It was fantastic. I really wanted to make the CT show at the end of the month, but I have plans. I think the band is really happy to be playing full sets after Summerland. I forgot the article or interview, but I know the new album is coming out early next year, and they're going to tour it. I would assume the latter part of this year is just going to be one-offs.

I looked into Natchez lodgings and it's probably not gonna happen. because the ballon festival is their big annual event prices are jacked up. the other option is a roach motel (thanks, but no thanks. not even for Soul Asylum). I'm tempted but hesitant to give Airbnb a go. I don't see this yankee girl driving back 3 hours thru bayou country alone in the wee hours. i might just stay in NOLA and enjoy the Blues and BBQ fest happening that weekend. still weighing options...

Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:22 am
Inmate

If that's the case, I would definitely skip. Plus you're going to the CT show and there will definitely be more shows to support the album.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:55 am
O'Jeezer

not that Pollstar is the bible or anything, but they've been listing that Natchez show for at least a month now

http://www.pollstar.com/resultsArtist.a ... l%20asylum

Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]